Cyclist vs Landrover

Irrelevant

You'd have to ask him

See bottom of post #28

Because a proper cyclist i.e one who cycles on roads regularly. Usually Wouldnt wear black with no lights. And jumps a red light? Sounds like a death wish.

Just my honest opinion. If youre sticking to that story than you did well to see him at all.

Edited by ubermaus

So I get slathered with the baddie brush just because some impatient cyclists want to jump red lights? (and before you whine about how I'm tarring all cyclists with the same brush - you just said a large number not me)

Should I therefore have dayglo jackets and flashing lights to walk on the pavement? I've had to dodge cyclists on there before as well...

What issue? People running red lights is somehow my fault because I'm not being concerned enough about it? Dream on.

The huge problem here is your refusal to countenance that the cyclist was 100% at fault or indeed it seems to countenance any fault on the part of the cyclist.

WTF!!!

At no point have I criticised you, and, I've explicity stated the cyclist was at fault.

Read my posts dude- find the part where you think I've said you were even remotely to blame and post it here so I can see it.

All I've done is post a simple solution for those who are interested in making their trailers more visible, and, then done a bit of a logical dissection of the some of the posts you made which were critical of that proposed solution.

---------- Post added 31-12-2014 at 13:15 ----------

Obelix is totally 100% innocent here, I don't know how anyone else can say otherwise.

As above- I agree, and, have not suggested otherwise.

I was about where that white coach was. The lights on the left were red, allowing me to filter in from the inner ring road. The cyclist came up from just to the right of where the image was taken, shot round the top of the pedestrianised part of the crossing and went behind me to go into the dry dock pub. He was expecting me to clear the lights, which I did, but a flat bed trailer with RSJ's on isn't very high... The railings had a load of posters on last night as well which doenst help.

Can't work out which red light was jumped. Was your trailer covering the pedestrian crossing?

Posters on the railings, are you sure?

Can't work out which red light was jumped. Was your trailer covering the pedestrian crossing?

Posters on the railings, are you sure?

The cyclist came up the left lane, through the red light controlling access so my filter lane can safely enter and swung right over the top of the railings suddounding the pedestrian "box" island area. My trailer was just clearing the pedestrian crossing as I moved up into high gear which was when he hit.

Yes you get posters. It's a student area and there are a number of pubs, and it's New Year coming up....

Look, just call him a big fat liar like you want to so you can blame him and save the bandwidth.

Not calling the OP a liar but I think snailyboy is pointing out that everything seems to be against the cyclist in favour of the OP.

Snailyboy knows the area, he asked which red light and questioned the posters on the railings.

I mentioned it was highly unusual to see a cyclist in black with no lights or reflectors. Ive never witnessed that lack of road safety from a proper cyclist.

Other thing is the pressing charges incident wasnt mentioned in the original post. That would seem crucial to the OPs/cyclists level of culpability. That kind of got built in to the story when onewheeldave cross examined the safety aspects.

Edited by ubermaus

WTF!!!

At no point have I criticised you, and, I've explicity stated the cyclist was at fault.

Read my posts dude- find the part where you think I've said you were even remotely to blame and post it here so I can see it.

All I've done is post a simple solution for those who are interested in making their trailers more visible, and, then done a bit of a logical dissection of the some of the posts you made which were critical of that proposed solution.

No - you've posted a simple solution that I neither require, or need, because I already have it and proposed that the lack of that is partly the reason why some cyclist nearly died.

It's the same as your shameful suggestions as to why it's ometimes acceptable to jump the red lights. It's never the cyclists fault is it - it always has to be that nasty motorist that is ultimately to blame for being to big too stupid or too invisible....

I just knew when I posted this that you'd pop up. Sad to say you havn't disappointed me....

---------- Post added 31-12-2014 at 13:38 ----------

Other thing is the pressing charges incident wasnt mentioned in the original post. That would seem crucial to the OPs/cyclists level of culpability. That kind of got built in to the story when onewheeldave cross examined the safety aspects.

Because I didn't see it as being fair or reasonable to kick a cyclist when he was quite literally down on the ground. He'd learnt his lesson, I'd not suffered any damage so I didn't see the need to stick the boot in to him further and that extended on to here.