Cyclist vs Landrover

Ok, implied he was wrong. "Are you sure there were posters?" - prove otherwise.

There is a part of your brain that cannot accept a cyclist is in the wrong. If you started a thread saying you were mugged I wouldnt give you a cross examination about the circumstances. You're a sensible long standing poster and I'd take it face value unless I had a particular axe to grind.

Nonsense, it's about asking for further evidence to support a claim. Once again, we only have one version of events.

I don't take anything on face value.

It looks like the incident happened. The details are crucial though, otherwise it looks like another cyclist bashing post.

2 wheeled lunatics and jokes about killing 12 cyclists says everything about the general attitude towards cyclists.

The OP hasn't got form for cyclist bashing though has he? If we were talking perennial cyclist bashing like our friend penistone I'd frankly believe the opposite.

It looks like the incident happened. The details are crucial though, otherwise it looks like another cyclist bashing post.

2 wheeled lunatics and jokes about killing 12 cyclists says everything about the general attitude towards cyclists.

If I had called him a lunatic, or made a joke about killing multiple cyclists then you might have a point.

I was hoping that peoiple might be able to discuss things civilly. It appears that the usual suspects - from both sides - are going to make that impossible.

If I had called him a lunatic, or made a joke about killing multiple cyclists then you might have a point.

I was hoping that peoiple might be able to discuss things civilly. It appears that the usual suspects - from both sides - are going to make that impossible.

Other people said those things.

Tbh if you dont want other people to debate a point and just agree with everything i wouldnt have posted on a public forum.

---------- Post added 31-12-2014 at 15:20 ----------

The OP hasn't got form for cyclist bashing though has he? If we were talking perennial cyclist bashing like our friend penistone I'd frankly believe the opposite.

Fair play, ive given the op credit already.

---------- Post added 31-12-2014 at 15:23 ----------

Nonsense, it's about asking for further evidence to support a claim. Once again, we only have one version of events.

I don't take anything on face value.

But that makes you a troll, didnt you know? J/k

Was it a proper cyclist or some chav?

What on earth is a proper cyclist doing riding around in black with no lights?

What did the police say about that?

I think that says it all really if the cyclist cant even be bothered to make themselves as visible as possible then they cannot complain when they get run over.

Its the times when cyclist are lit up like Christmas trees and they still get knocked off.

[/u][/b]

I think that says it all really if the cyclist cant even be bothered to make themselves as visible as possible then they cannot complain when they get run over.

Its the times when cyclist are lit up like Christmas trees and they still get knocked off.

A cyclist dressed in black, no lights, in the dark? On the road? Really?

Yes really. As I said in the OP. Apart from the rear light - as I also said in the OP.

---------- Post added 31-12-2014 at 15:46 ----------

Other people said those things.

Tbh if you dont want other people to debate a point and just agree with everything i wouldnt have posted on a public forum.

I don't mind civil debate. You and a few others seem to have problems doing it civilly. That I object to.

seen it myself only a couple of weeks ago driving between Wharncliffe side and Deepcar ,which isnt the best lit road at night. A cyclist in what looked like tracksuit and dark wollie hat, no lights or reflecting clothing ,riding on the road , 10pm at night . Accident waiting to happen.

That stretch of badly lit road has a very wide footpath on the opposite side of the road heading towards Deepcar, so why he chose to ride on the road and put himself at risk instead is beyond me .

Yes really. As I said in the OP. Apart from the rear light - as I also said in the OP.

---------- Post added 31-12-2014 at 15:46 ----------

I don't mind civil debate. You and a few others seem to have problems doing it civilly. That I object to.

When have i not been civil?