Who do you want to and think will win the Election?

David Cameron will kick-start the general election year today by promoting the Tories' first campaign poster - with the slogan "Let's Stay on the Road to a Stronger Economy".

I don’t know if he actually believes any of the nonsense he spouts.

The link below is to quite an interesting website that details the Public Accounts without any political bias.

A couple of things stand out to me:

Welfare Spending

2009-10 under Labour 99.53 Billion

2014-15 under this Government 112.34 Billion

Income Tax revenue

2014-15 under this Government 202.5 Billion

2009-10 under Labour 202.9 Billion

So could anyone explain how this constitutes “Let’s stay on the road to a stronger economy” when it is patently obvious they’ve been going the wrong way down this road for the last 5 years.

I don’t actually doubt there’s been 1.5 million new jobs created, but those figures suggest those same jobs pay very little taxation and are in need of Welfare to top them up.

http://www.ukpublicrevenue.co.uk/total_revenue_2009UKbn

I don’t know if he actually believes any of the nonsense he spouts.

The link below is to quite an interesting website that details the Public Accounts without any political bias.

A couple of things stand out to me:

Welfare Spending

2009-10 under Labour 99.53 Billion

2014-15 under this Government 112.34 Billion

Income Tax revenue

2014-15 under this Government 202.5 Billion

2009-10 under Labour 202.9 Billion

So could anyone explain how this constitutes “Let’s stay on the road to a stronger economy” when it is patently obvious they’ve been going the wrong way down this road for the last 5 years.

I don’t actually doubt there’s been 1.5 million new jobs created, but those figures suggest those same jobs pay very little taxation and are in need of Welfare to top them up.

http://www.ukpublicrevenue.co.uk/total_revenue_2009UKbn

Do any of them believe a word of what they say?

They take lying to lengths never before seen or heard.

Vote for yourself.

Turnout won't be very high especially as these clowns have now committed to having elections in the month of May rather than June. It's true UKIP and the SNP might grab a few previous abstainers but so what. Plenty of other people who previously voted now won't bother. I think you'll find that despite Farage's buffoonery and the Scottish referendum,which was a one off, the ordinary Joe is not going to be all that bothered.

They only thing I am waiting for is the destruction the two faced one ….. Goodbye Glegg you have had your day …. I hope the destruction of your party was worth your “deputy” leadership status.

The bedroom tax is key. And the NHS.

Labour wins on the key issues.

NHS - do you seriously think Labour's idea of "throwing money at it" will solve the problems?

:):)

---------- Post added 03-01-2015 at 13:34 ----------

Of course people change their voting habits. Look at the rise of the SNP and UKIP in the last few years. UKIP are mainly taking votes off the Tories and the SNP off Labour. You can't put all that down to abstentions.

You may be surprised how many Labour councillors and supporters have defected to UKIP!

:):)

You may be surprised how many Labour councillors.......have defected to UKIP!

The link below says 5 Labour councillors have defected in the last 3 years compared to 56 Tories.

http://www.lgcplus.com/topics/politics/exclusive-tories-hit-worst-as-77-councillors-defect-to-ukip/5075787.article

---------- Post added 03-01-2015 at 17:46 ----------

Turnout won't be very high especially as these clowns have now committed to having elections in the month of May rather than June.

Elections have been fixed to every 5 years rather than letting the government decide in line with opinion polls. The Tories liked to have a look at the May local election results after 4 years of a government and if all was well they went for a June election. If not they sat out the full 5 year term. As many general elections have been held in May as in June in recent decades.

The bedroom tax is key. And the NHS.

I agree.

The bedroom tax is the Labour policy of restricting the amount of housing benefit based upon the number of rooms you need, which Labour applied to private rented housing in 2008 onwards. The same calculations are now applied to council housing. For all the predictions of massive homelessness, a FOI request to SCC revealed that there isn't much evidence to suggest that the bedroom tax has had an impact on Sheffield at all:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/bedroom_tax_41

Any party that wants to scrap the bedroom tax should do so for the private sector as well, else it is in danger of thinking that poor people the vulnerable in society don't live in the private rent sector.

If Labour got into power, they'd spend more money employing people and creating paperwork to undo the bedroom tax than the tax has saved the public purse.

With regards to the NHS, any steps to force the organisation to operate at a more efficient level is fine by me. The Welsh NHS, which has been outside of the control of Westminster since 1999, is providing far worse a service to the public than the NHS in England, including missing some of it's own targets since 2008, yet has also managed to syphon it's much needed funds into pay rises for staff when those in England have been frozen.

So you might think Labour wins on both counts, I do not and my vote counts the same as yours.

For all the predictions of massive homelessness, a FOI request to SCC revealed that there isn't much evidence to suggest that the bedroom tax has had an impact on Sheffield at all:

The bedroom tax isn't just about homelessness and Sheffield will just be as strongly Labour in May as it already is regardless of the bedroom tax.

http://www.housing.org.uk/media/press-releases/bedroom-tax-pushes-households-into-debt-and-fear-of-eviction/

If Labour got into power, they'd spend more money employing people and creating paperwork to undo the bedroom tax than the tax has saved the public purse.

You're making things up here. All Labour would have to do is pass a bill to abolish it. It wouldn't take any more staff to do that than pass any other law.

The bedroom tax isn't just about homelessness and Sheffield will just be as strongly Labour in May as it already is regardless of the bedroom tax.

http://www.housing.org.uk/media/press-releases/bedroom-tax-pushes-households-into-debt-and-fear-of-eviction/

You're making things up here. All Labour would have to do is pass a bill to abolish it. It wouldn't take any more staff to do that than pass any other law.

You do realise that a whole business system is now in place to support the bedroom tax don't you? It's going to take more than a bill to remove it.

How do you feel about the capping on housing benefit in the private sector by the way? You did a nice job of editing that out of your reply.

I agree.

The bedroom tax is the Labour policy of restricting the amount of housing benefit based upon the number of rooms you need, which Labour applied to private rented housing in 2008 onwards. The same calculations are now applied to council housing. For all the predictions of massive homelessness, a FOI request to SCC revealed that there isn't much evidence to suggest that the bedroom tax has had an impact on Sheffield at all:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/bedroom_tax_41

I don’t know where you are getting your information from but the two are completely different.

LHA (private sector claims) effectively imposes maximum rent levels relevant to the size of your household in your specific area.

The bedroom tax restricts the amount of Housing Benefit to your accepted level of rent if you are perceived to be over occupied.

One of the ridiculous consequences of this policy is that people can be forced out of Council Housing into the Private Sector and receive more Housing Benefit under LHA.

I don’t know where you are getting your information from but the two are completely different.

LHA (private sector claims) effectively imposes maximum rent levels relevant to the size of your household in your specific area.

The bedroom tax restricts the amount of Housing Benefit to your accepted level of rent if you are perceived to be over occupied.

LHA is calculated on the number of rooms you need. If you only need two bedrooms, you'll be given LHA - housing benefit - to cover the rent of a typical two bedroom property. If you want a property with three rooms, then you have to make up the difference yourself.

Bedroom tax is calculated on the number of rooms you need. If you only need two rooms and your home only has two rooms, your housing benefit covers the rent. If you have three rooms your housing benefit won't cover the rent, and you have to make up the difference yourself.

Really completely different?