Who do you want to and think will win the Election?

No they havent. Wheres the proof the cons have created 1.5 million jobs?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/jobs/10707508/UK-employment-rises-to-new-record.html

Just over 30 million people are now in jobs, up by 459,000 on a year ago, the highest since records began in 1971

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/largest-quarterly-rise-in-employment-since-records-began

The number of people in a job rose 280,000 in the last 3 months – the largest quarterly increase since records began.

The number of people in a job rose 280,000 in the last 3 months – the largest quarterly increase since records began – according to figures published by the Office for National Statistics this morning (22 January 2014).

There are now a record-breaking 30.15 million people in work – an increase of 1.3 million since 2010.

Edited by roosterboost

Yeah right! An "independant" body :hihi:

If you believe that, you'll believe anything!

I'm not slagging the Torys while sticking up for Labour, they're just as bad, especially under Blair.

I decide what I believe based on the evidence in front of me. If you have any evidence that suggests it wasn't an independent panel then please present it. The national papers will pay you for it I imagine.

I fear you are just spouting nonsense though.

Thank you, your sympathies are clearly with public service personnel and benefit recipients. What I do not understand is why you blame the government that is trying to make the books balance when the reason all the issues you list are caused by the LABOUR government who "spent all the money"(their words not mine).

To be honest this perception is wholly inaccurate.

Here's a link to Welfare spending since 2000 and you'll see that in 2009 under Labour the figure was around 90 Billion which rises to around 110 Billion each year since the coalition took power.

Fact is we are spending even more on Welfare under this lot than the previous one.

http://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/spending_chart_2000_2018UKb_40t

---------- Post added 31-12-2014 at 18:54 ----------

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/jobs/10707508/UK-employment-rises-to-new-record.html

Just over 30 million people are now in jobs, up by 459,000 on a year ago, the highest since records began in 1971

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/largest-quarterly-rise-in-employment-since-records-began

The number of people in a job rose 280,000 in the last 3 months – the largest quarterly increase since records began.

The number of people in a job rose 280,000 in the last 3 months – the largest quarterly increase since records began – according to figures published by the Office for National Statistics this morning (22 January 2014).

There are now a record-breaking 30.15 million people in work – an increase of 1.3 million since 2010.

there might be but as ever the devil is in the detail.

I've just posted about welfare spending and that is still increasing suggesting these jobs are low hours and low pay and the other very relevant factor is that people (under this govt) now have to work until they are older before they get their pension. These would previously have retired and therefore not classed as in work.

there might be but as ever the devil is in the detail.

I've just posted about welfare spending and that is still increasing suggesting these jobs are low hours and low pay and the other very relevant factor is that people (under this govt) now have to work until they are older before they get their pension. These would previously have retired and therefore not classed as in work.

As we are now expected to live 20 years longer than when the pension age was set at 65 that seems like a good idea. With folk staying in education for around 5 years more before they start work than they did 4 decades ago they have come off the number in employment.

The very relevant point is those not working through being at school or retired are paid for by those working. If someone spends less than half their life actually of working age who do you imagine pays for that?

If SNP ever does get independence for Scotland, Labour will never achieve power in the UK.

actually, i understand that without scotland, the only thing which would have changed in the last half dozen or so elections was the size of the majority not the largest party

Who I want to win: Any party which is prepared to commit to evidence based policy rather than ideologically driven tripe. For me the lib dems are the least ideologically hung up of any of the major parties.

I think it will end up in a hung parliament with a minority conservative govt.

But where are these people from?

The figures nowadays are a joke,want to get the unemployed figures down? Call them something else.

Old hat now.

The real figures of unemployment is well beyond 6 million.Add to that zero hours,agency workers and folk on minimum wage of just above and im sure the figures would be frightening.Of course no one is going to produce accurate figures of that though.

Did i mention the agency workers forced to go LTD companys? News flash,New business growth the best its ever been :)

Trouble is they arnt companys just people doing ordinary jobs,that the goverment in legislation ripped them off.The laws to protect agency workers actually back fired and the only ones that gained were agencys.

Does he need to?

To get a majority he does. He needs to get substantially more people to vote Tory than last time - which would be a feat, considering that neither Thatcher or Blair managed to get more votes, the second time around.

So that means, that less people are likely to voe Tory in 2015 than they did in 2010. Which also means, whatever kind of arithmetic you want to conjure up for parliamentary seat numbers, that the bookies are right and the likeliest outcome in 2015 is that the Tories will lose and Labour will win.