Who do you want to and think will win the Election?

Nothing much will change because of the general election. The basic choice this time is between a Labour controlled coalition and a Tory controlled coalition. I predict the former. Most people won't notice any difference to their lives whatsoever.

So are you going to stand for the Libertarian Party and lose your deposit? Or is your political commitment limited to just posting insanities on here?

So are you going to stand for the Libertarian Party and lose your deposit? Or is your political commitment limited to just posting insanities on here?

You've never actually said which party you support. A bit of a nerve really to be critical of others. Come on who do you support...?

You've never actually said which party you support. A bit of a nerve really to be critical of others. Come on who do you support...?

I change my vote from election to election and am undecided about this year. I've probably voted for half a dozen parties and independents down the years. Of course I've never voted for, and never will vote for, the BNP, NF, UKIP or any other parties such as yourself find so attractive.

I've only voted Conservative once in my life in 2010, after the crash.

The electoral boundaries are skewed in favour of Labour, the Tories need a 5% lead just to break even.

On balance I won't be voting for Labour. They seem to have become a party of upper middle class southerners, privately educated Oxbridge graduates who have been parachuted into safe northern seats.

They seem to contain more "Social authoritarians" than other parties; which means they feel they know better than you what you should be thinking, doing, eating etc, and have a perfect right to tell you how you should be living your life. They should be renamed the "It's for your own good" party.

I can't get any enthusiasm up for any party though. I know that you should vote but like a lot of others I'm going to have to decide on who I dislike the least!

I can't remember now who said, the trouble with labor is they eventually run out of other peoples money,but they were spot on. Wilsons government were a prime example when they said,we will squeeze the rich till the pips squeak. It turned out their definition of rich was anyone with a job. Mind you I admired him when he told America where to go when they asked us to help invade Vietnam.

I change my vote from election to election and am undecided about this year. I've probably voted for half a dozen parties and independents down the years. Of course I've never voted for, and never will vote for, the BNP, NF, UKIP or any other parties such as yourself find so attractive.

Who are you voting for next time?

To get a majority he does. He needs to get substantially more people to vote Tory than last time - which would be a feat, considering that neither Thatcher or Blair managed to get more votes, the second time around.

So that means, that less people are likely to voe Tory in 2015 than they did in 2010. Which also means, whatever kind of arithmetic you want to conjure up for parliamentary seat numbers, that the bookies are right and the likeliest outcome in 2015 is that the Tories will lose and Labour will win.

It means nothing of the sort.

Funnily enough it boils down to the number of seats won on polling day.

I seem to remember that 6 months before the last election Brown was almost 20 points behind in the polls. Then he simply spent £billions buying votes. The country couldn't afford it and is still paying for it, but as they say it ain't over till the fat lady sings. The man in no10 has the ability to influence things quite a lot between now and May should he choose to.

By the way you might want to check with the bookies. They currently seem to have a hung parliament as favourite. But a lot can and will change between now and polling day.

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betting/e/1112310/Next-UK-General-Election-Result.html

General Election Result

2/5

No Overall Majority

4/1

Labour Majority

9/2

Conservative Majority

50/1

UKIP Majority

500/1

Liberal Democrat Majority

Edited by roosterboost

I believe one of the key policy issues will be the Governments welfare reforms.

I’m fairly confident that some of these have been popular politically but the biggest one of all the Bedroom Tax could turn out to be critical.

If Labour pledge to abolish it (I think they have) then I’ve no doubt this will be very popular with those affected, but will the Tories be able to sell this to those not directly affected. Whoever wins this argument could well win the election.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/jobs/10707508/UK-employment-rises-to-new-record.html

Just over 30 million people are now in jobs, up by 459,000 on a year ago, the highest since records began in 1971

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/largest-quarterly-rise-in-employment-since-records-began

The number of people in a job rose 280,000 in the last 3 months – the largest quarterly increase since records began.

The number of people in a job rose 280,000 in the last 3 months – the largest quarterly increase since records began – according to figures published by the Office for National Statistics this morning (22 January 2014).

There are now a record-breaking 30.15 million people in work – an increase of 1.3 million since 2010.

Government statistics are biased.

Id want to know how many public jobs were lost, what kind of jobs are created, how many part time, how many zero hours contracts.

There is also the debate on government creating jobs at all. How much of this is simply down to natural growth and recovery from global meltdown in 2008.

---------- Post added 01-01-2015 at 14:14 ----------

What am saying is a recovery would have occured under Labour. Better recovery. When youve hit rock bottom the only was is up.

This is not to mention how the poorest have been effected by cuts. We all know the rich are getting richer under this govt.

---------- Post added 01-01-2015 at 14:16 ----------

I've only voted Conservative once in my life in 2010, after the crash.

The electoral boundaries are skewed in favour of Labour, the Tories need a 5% lead just to break even.

On balance I won't be voting for Labour. They seem to have become a party of upper middle class southerners, privately educated Oxbridge graduates who have been parachuted into safe northern seats.

They seem to contain more "Social authoritarians" than other parties; which means they feel they know better than you what you should be thinking, doing, eating etc, and have a perfect right to tell you how you should be living your life. They should be renamed the "It's for your own good" party.

I can't get any enthusiasm up for any party though. I know that you should vote but like a lot of others I'm going to have to decide on who I dislike the least!

I will vote labour. Really a wasted vote as GE will not be won or lost in Sheffield

---------- Post added 01-01-2015 at 14:18 ----------

I believe one of the key policy issues will be the Governments welfare reforms.

I’m fairly confident that some of these have been popular politically but the biggest one of all the Bedroom Tax could turn out to be critical.

If Labour pledge to abolish it (I think they have) then I’ve no doubt this will be very popular with those affected, but will the Tories be able to sell this to those not directly affected. Whoever wins this argument could well win the election.

The bedroom tax is key. And the NHS.

Labour wins on the key issues.

The bookies are saying Labour are likelier than the Tories, of getting an overall majority. And every single one of them, reckon Labour will hoover in the greater number of parliamentary seats. Cameron's big problem in 2015, and he knows it, is that he didn't manage to persuade enough people to vote Tory in 2010 when he had the chance.

Edited by blake