Why is there White Flight?

All that these stats show is that the Londoners have realised that if they sell their houses for massively inflated prices they can go and live in the countryside without all the annoyances that come with city living.

Or alternatively that white middle class Londoners are the loudest supporters of our vibrant multicultural society until they realise that their James and Jemima might have to attend a London Primary where they will be in a class where they are the only ones speaking English. At which time they decide to observe vibrant multiculturalism from a distance, and move to a predominantly white market town.

You know, people like Billy Bragg.

Why don't you google it?

I assumed that you must have already seen the stats for the number of white non Muslims in Indonesia so thought it would be easier for you to support your claim with a link rather than me spend time looking for evidence that you are either right or wrong.

Or alternatively that white middle class Londoners are the loudest supporters of our vibrant multicultural society until they realise that their James and Jemima might have to attend a London Primary where they will be in a class where they are the only ones speaking English. At which time they decide to observe vibrant multiculturalism from a distance, and move to a predominantly white market town.

You know, people like Billy Bragg.

Quoted for truth.

All that these stats show is that the Londoners have realised that if they sell their houses for massively inflated prices they can go and live in the countryside without all the annoyances that come with city living.

But, let us call it white flight, because that alliterates nicely.

It's not alliteration at all, it is rhyme. Whilst I'm sure that your theory accounts for a small percentage of white flight, it doesn't come close to telling even half the story.

Areas with higher non white population tend to have higher crime rates. There is a huge correlation between the two, something I wrote about at uni. So people flee crime.

Others simply don't like multiculturalism and are nostalgic for a taste of ye olde England.

There are other areas (few and far between) in which being white means you are not that welcome. These are more likely to be Asian areas than black areas. One area in Sheffield would be Mount Pleasant Park.

I love multiculturalism, my main criticism of Sheffield is that it is fairly racially divided.

Areas with higher non white population tend to have higher crime rates. There is a huge correlation between the two, something I wrote about at uni. So people flee crime.

is this because non white people are criminals or that these areas are also predominantly poorer and poorer areas also tend to have high crime rates too?

It's not alliteration at all, it is rhyme. Whilst I'm sure that your theory accounts for a small percentage of white flight, it doesn't come close to telling even half the story.

Others simply don't like multiculturalism and are nostalgic for a taste of ye olde England.

There are other areas (few and far between) in which being white means you are not that welcome. These are more likely to be Asian areas than black areas. One area in Sheffield would be Mount Pleasant Park.

I love multiculturalism, my main criticism of Sheffield is that it is fairly racially divided.

Of course it doesn't come close to telling half the story but the link between race and crime is dubious, would you not say it is more to do with poverty and crime?

Parson Cross is largely a white estate, it also has a high crime rate.

Stories like this just serve the interest of those that want to blame people that look different.

Of course it doesn't come close to telling half the story but the link between race and crime is dubious, would you not say it is more to do with poverty and crime?

Parson Cross is largely a white estate, it also has a high crime rate.

Stories like this just serve the interest of those that want to blame people that look different.

The first paragraph, I absolutely 100% agree. It is to do with poverty nit skin colour. However, the lopsided economic structure of our country means that proportionally more non whites live in poverty than whites. This in turn, means that a disproportionate amount of crime is committed by non whites.

It is absolutely poverty that is the biggest factor in this. The fact that a random black person is more likely to have a criminal record than a random white person is because the black person is more likely to come from a social environment in which crime is more acceptable not because they have denser skin pigmentation.

There are other areas (few and far between) in which being white means you are not that welcome.

Crime has nothing to do with colour.

What makes me laugh is this 'black on black crime'.

Why weren't the police talking about 'white on white crime', both now and in the past, what difference does it make?

If a white person attacks a black person, does that make it a racist crime?

So why not the other way round?

You see the problems that occur when you start bringing colour into criminal statistics?