Why is there White Flight?

But it is a fact. The rest of what you typed is all drivel - The chances are if they were booted out of London because of benefits they'd be unlikely attending university

I am confused, why do you think what I typed was drivel.

Are you genuinely saying that the reason that there are more white londoners here than black londoners has nothing to do with the lower social mobility in ethnic communities, nor the lack of support given to disadvantaged people from minorites to success, but because of the benefits cap.

As you now claim it to be a fact, despite that 3 or so hours ago you weren't "entirely sure", please explain how a benefit cap can cause white flight and how this has manifested itself in Sheffield with cockneys coming here.

I though a benefit cap would impact white and black people the same. Evidently you believe it impacts whites more. Please explain.

White flight doesn't just mean leaving the UK, but leaving your local area.

Why, what is the real reason, after all we are all one race, the human race.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2320002/How-rise-white-flight-areas-dominated-ethnic-minorities-creating-segregated-UK.html

Information comes from migration watch (a tory think tank) and the Daily Hail hardly a credible source of immigration news.

White flight doesn't just mean leaving the UK, but leaving your local area.

Why, what is the real reason, after all we are all one race, the human race.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2320002/How-rise-white-flight-areas-dominated-ethnic-minorities-creating-segregated-UK.html

i evacuated myself from firth park 3 years ago because i knew pretty soon my house would be worth peanuts because of how fast its going downhill there

White flight is the action of sensible White people who manipulate their geographical location to improve their physical well-being.

Leaving Sheffield and moving to an area with a higher White English population has improved my day to day life. The community relations are far far better.

Whilst it might not be the nicest place for a non-White person due to racism, it is much better for myself being White.

In parts of Sheffield where the is minority White populations there is a lot more racist crime towards Whites than in areas where Whites are the majority. I myself have been the victim of multiple racist attacks in Sheffield. I would not want my children to be brought up in such an area, unless they were mixed race.

That is a pretty stiff accusation, you'd better back that up with proof or retract it.

EH? It's a well known fact, loadsa London council housing has been sold off to cleans the poor out. Just off the top of my head there are huge council estates sold OR even GIVEN to private developers such as; Gibbs Green, West Kensington, New Era, Carpenters, Aylesbury, Heygate, West Hendon Estate and various corrupt deals such as Lambeth councils 100M property sell off.

---------- Post added 07-01-2015 at 02:29 ----------

White flight is the action of sensible White people who manipulate their geographical location to improve their physical well-being.

Leaving Sheffield and moving to an area with a higher White English population has improved my day to day life. The community relations are far far better.

Whilst it might not be the nicest place for a non-White person due to racism, it is much better for myself being White.

In parts of Sheffield where the is minority White populations there is a lot more racist crime towards Whites than in areas where Whites are the majority. I myself have been the victim of multiple racist attacks in Sheffield. I would not want my children to be brought up in such an area, unless they were mixed race.

My brother who is indigenous white has lived and worked in North Kensington, a predominantly non white area for 16 years. His various job roles as mostly a chef is working with almost exclusively all non english people, and experienced or known of any racism.

I'm not saying racism against whites doesn't happen in predominantly non-white-english districts, just I don't think its widespread.

Edited by cardoor

That is interesting, because community (in the traditional sense of the word - pre thatcher I suppose you might say) has been stronger in mixed areas,

Any evidence for this?

and I've lived in quite a few different places.

So have I. I have found there is less 'community' in mixed areas, which tend to be more densely populated and neighbours don't often know people who live in the same building as them, let alone street. New people are moving in all the time and some are new comers to the country.

I find mixed areas have much less community in the traditional sense, and instead they have multiple communties, often they grow quickly due to net migration. Housing estates are either expanded or people are displaced to other areas. (Often the people displaced are the native children - part of the reason for 'White Flight')

People in the least diverse areas also tend to have lived there a longer time and many have known their neighbours decades. There is community, not an abundance of communities.

Any evidence for this?

So have I. I have found there is less 'community' in mixed areas, which tend to be more densely populated and neighbours don't often know people who live in the same building as them, let alone street. New people are moving in all the time and some are new comers to the country.

I find mixed areas have much less community in the traditional sense, and instead they have multiple communties, often they grow quickly due to net migration. Housing estates are either expanded or people are displaced to other areas. (Often the people displaced are the native children - part of the reason for 'White Flight')

People in the least diverse areas also tend to have lived there a longer time and many have known their neighbours decades. There is community, not an abundance of communities.

It's city life and architecture not ethnicity, cities have a more mobile environment where most people only rent for a short while, so there is bound to be less social cohesion.

I don't think cities are a natural environment for us humans. We're surrounded by thousands of people but yet we're mostly totally isolated. I live on Orwellian Court (mostly white) home to hundreds of people all living a confined space, but yet myself and others on here rarely see or speak to each other.

Edited by cardoor