Reflex - Charging £2.00 on the door at 10pm!!!

Do "most" of the bars on west st have late licences then ? Varsity - no, cavendish - no, s1 - no, 23-no, bia hoi-no, ivory-no. You are comparing different bars, Flares, crystal, matrix, sutra all late licences all door charges.

It was 10.00 o'clock for gods sake !!! Crystal no door charge at 10.00, Flares no door charge at 10.00, Matrix no door charge at 10.00 o'clock.

Anyone would think you worked there !! :hihi:

Read the majority (everyone except yours) of posts, its not popular. They can charge after 11.00 if they like, I dont give a monkeys, but before is daylight (night time) robbery.

Slinky

The Forum, Halcyon and Common Room don't have door charges and are open late!

I've had to pay to get in Halcyon before, admitadly a while ago. I'm sure the Common Room has had a door charge at some point too, but maybe I was really drunk and am getting mixed up! :hihi:

Read the majority (everyone except yours) of posts, its not popular. They can charge after 11.00 if they like, I dont give a monkeys, but before is daylight (night time) robbery.

Slinky

I don't think you can take the handful of posts on this thread as being a clear mandate for abolishing the charge. Seems to me that it's up to reflex whether they charge or not. The majority can put up with it, arrive earlier, or go somewhere else. If the majority choose the latter, then they'll probably get rid of the charge.

btw never been there, but can't imagine it's worth paying 2 quid to get in at any time.

Do "most" of the bars on west st have late licences then ? Varsity - no, cavendish - no, s1 - no, 23-no, bia hoi-no, ivory-no. You are comparing different bars, Flares, crystal, matrix, sutra all late licences all door charges.

Uniq bar/club has a late licence but doesnt charge it closes at 2am!!!

in my view £2 is fair thay have a great atmosphere in there and the problem is it can get to busy late on so if it does discourage a few from going it might make it more enjoyable for the rest.I have paid much more than that to get in clubs where the atmosphere has been really poor.After all £2 is often less than the price of 1 drink

Why should they not charge?

why should they?

You pay for gatecrasher you think they dont make enough on drinks?

gatecrasher is a club

Late licenses aren't cheap, neither are the door staff that all work extra 4 hrs, it is for everybodys benefit.

they had a late license before they started charging

You can stay out later and they make more money, dont pay the £2 and go home, sounds a bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face!

who ever said they went home instead of going there?

If you are that bothered about the money you should probably have stayed home anyway. They provide a service like everybody they expect to get paid. You think they really care about the 20 or so people not coming in when plenty obviously do and will pay.

if you think this really effects only 20 people a night i think you would be sadly mistaken

I have worked there myself and the money they made from the door the xmas period was for the doorman themselves, now they have started doing it just on normal weekends is such a rip off, the policy for reflex is you do not have to pay to get in, sheffield reflex just does it to extract as much cash as possible from the punter.

Aviod it.

Archived