Reflex - Charging £2.00 on the door at 10pm!!!

For crying out loud! All this fuss and uproar about TWO BLOODY QUID! I have been to a lot of places in Sheffield since I have been living here, and as far as I am concerned, the drinks prices in the Reflex are very reasonable compared to a lot of bars. If you like the music (they do play some good stuff from the 80s as well as the crap btw Agent ****) and the atmosphere and are willing to stay in there for a few drinks then you will make the money back. Or you could go somewhere like the Halcyon which is full of the most pretentious and up-themself people in Sheffield who all look thoroughly miserable, and pay ridiculous prices for your drinks.

It's your choice.

Too ugly?! I went in Reflex once and my eyes almost broke. A visitor to the city could be forgiven for believing Sheffield is twinned with Chernobyl.

Reflex is a hideous place and anyone who chooses to spend two quid which could instead buy a drink in one of the many (much better and free) bars in Sheffield is daft.

I agree with most people on this thread. You dont mind paying but not at 10.00pm. I go to late bars most weekends in various cities and the earliest I have been stung is at 10.30, but we were in for a group night and that was the last place. the trouble is if they do all charge at the late bars early then if you go from one to another you would be spending money just to walk through doors and have one drink

Hi,

I was out on Friday night and decided to visit Reflex with some of the lads. In front of us were 2 girls, there were told it was £2.00 entry each, both walked away and decided to spend their cash elsewhere. We were told exactly the same (6 in our party), now I am not short of a bob or two, but I just resented paying this to simply walk through the door.

Is this standard policy for them or is it just a bouncers benefit?

We then stood for a min or two and witnessed a further dozen or so people walk away, what kind of business policy is that, risk £2.00 each for the chance of buying several drinks. They must be either raking it in or inept in the common sense department.

I have been to Reflex's in Cardiff and other major cities and never had this, anyone else had this ?

Slinky

someone has to pay for the door staff and dj's.

Having read through this thread and everybodies valid points, well some more valid than others, the first issue that I thought we were discussing is not wether the bar is good or not, but the fact that they were charging to drink in a bar during normal hours i.e. before 11.00pm I do realise that staff need paying and they are working longer hours but if the bar didnt have a late licence and shut at 11.00 would they still be charging to get at 10.00. somehow I dont think so. Charge after 11.00 and everybody knows what they are getting.

The argument that goes along the lines of "something has to pay for the staff's extra hours" is nonsense. If it wasn't economical to open late, they wouldn't open late.

I don't mind paying to get into a club. But to hand over money for the privilege of entering a bar really grinds my gears.

Especially if it's a really tacky eighties bar full of chubby single mothers swearing their heads off and lifting up their skirts while dancing to Rick Astley *shudders* ;)

Archived