Is it acceptable to steal from big shops?

If the retailer makes millions in profit and it doesnt hurt anyone?

What about if someone had a kid to feed?

Is it still wrong?

Theft from them would reduce their profits and reduce the amount of tax they have to pay, which means less money for the government to spend on everyone.

Is it still wrong?

What if millions decided to steal from millionaires making them poor?

What scenario would dictate you have to steal in order to feed your child?

Is it still wrong?

I think there are two issues here. Firstly why do we have situation where someone has a mouth to feed and cannot afford it. That needs to be tackeld.

As for stealing from big shops. I've been brought up all stealing is wrong. Yes they may make huge profits but its still taking something thats not yours which I find disgraceful.

Theft from them would reduce their profits and reduce the amount of tax they have to pay, which means less money for the government to spend on everyone.

No, theft is built into their pricing model and accounted for in other ways.

---------- Post added 02-01-2015 at 13:41 ----------

What if millions decided to steal from millionaires making them poor?

What scenario would dictate you have to steal in order to feed your child?

Taking money from the super rich might be a start.

---------- Post added 02-01-2015 at 13:44 ----------

I think there are two issues here. Firstly why do we have situation where someone has a mouth to feed and cannot afford it. That needs to be tackeld.

As for stealing from big shops. I've been brought up all stealing is wrong. Yes they may make huge profits but its still taking something thats not yours which I find disgraceful.

I agree. In these times of food banks and austerity im inclined to understand why people would take from large stores

No it isn't, and if it is you just don't buy. It's like saying a thief is only a thief because it's built in to their personality.

Taking money isn't theft.

---------- Post added 02-01-2015 at 13:41 ----------

---------- Post added 02-01-2015 at 13:44 ----------

I agree. In these times of food banks and austerity im inclined to understand why people would take from large stores

But they shouldnt need to this is the point. We need to understand why they are doing this and going to foodbanks. What's causing it?

Nonsense..big stores are like small stores..only difference is size and turnover. Why not steal from small stores in order for them not to become large stores.

Instead of robbing them just don't use them...that'll hit them in the pocket, plus you don't become a thief.

Edited by ronthenekred