Is it acceptable to steal from big shops?

Look at this another way:

Is it right that retailers squeeze suppliers and pay a fraction of the rrp to them. Then us the customer picks up the bill?

Effectively lining the pockets of private shareholders

Right or wrong?

Knowing this, is stealing from large stores acceptable?

---------- Post added 02-01-2015 at 13:51 ----------

Nonsense..big stores are like small stores..only difference is size and turnover. Why not steal from small stores in order for them not to become large stores.

So stealing from your independent corner shop is the same as stealing from tesco?

No, theft is built into their pricing model and accounted for in other ways.

Which does not alter the fact that if you do not steal from them they will make more profits and pay more tax, or they might even consider lowing their prices for everyone.

Whilst on the subject of theft, I was watching a documentary last night and it was very amusing watching one penguin steal pebbles form another penguin, there was one doing all the work collecting pebbles to build a nest and his next door neighbor was nicking them every time he went off to find some more, he eventually caught him in a the act and rightly chased him off.

Edited by anfisa

Look at this another way:

Is it right that retailers squeeze suppliers and pay a fraction of the rrp to them. Then us the customer picks up the bill?

Effectively lining the pockets of private shareholders

Right or wrong?

Knowing this, is stealing from large stores acceptable?

---------- Post added 02-01-2015 at 13:51 ----------

So stealing from your independent corner shop is the same as stealing from tesco?

But the reason we have cheap food is because of the squeezing you mentioned the alternative is to buy fair trade which is more expensive and doesnt solve your problem.

Also if everyone was to steal from these stores they would go out of business. Hence one of many reasons why decent people dont steal.

I think if you want to go down the I support this because of food poverty argument you need to ask why are people doing this in the first place? Thats the problem that needs resolving rather than supporting theft.

Which does not alter the fact that if you do not steal from them they will make more profits and pay more tax, or they might even consider lowing their prices for everyone.

Whilst on the subject of theft, I was watching a documentary last nice and it was very amusing watching one penguin steal pebbles form another penguin, there was one doing all the work collecting pebbles to build a nest and his next door neighbor was nicking them every time he went off to find some more, he eventually caught him in a the act and rightly chased him off.

Nice story.

If the retailer makes millions in profit and it doesnt hurt anyone?

What about if someone had a kid to feed?

Is it still wrong?

Any justification about how much profit they make doesn't alter that it's wrong.

Starving children might, but that situation is unlikely in the UK.

But the reason we have cheap food is because of the squeezing you mentioned the alternative is to buy fair trade which is more expensive and doesnt solve your problem.

Also if everyone was to steal from these stores they would go out of business. Hence one of many reasons why decent people dont steal.

I think if you want to go down the I support this because of food poverty argument you need to ask why are people doing this in the first place? Thats the problem that needs resolving rather than supporting theft.

Who says i support theft. I merely understand why people do it and tbh i wouldnt lose any sleep over a big store making less profit.

Poverty is the reason people go to food banks. I think thats something mne's can help to solve.

---------- Post added 02-01-2015 at 14:05 ----------

Any justification about how much profit they make doesn't alter that it's wrong.

Starving children might, but that situation is unlikely in the UK.

Why did 1 million go to foodbanks last year?