Serious accident on Mosborough Parkway

It may well be, but what's that got to do with this thread about the Mosborough Parkway? Anyway, I'm with Alternageek on this one, so feel free to delete this post, if you feel it's appropriate.

Yes i do feel my post is appropriate, in answer to post 7

Edited by kidley

Kidley, my apologies, it was ill worded on my part; I actually meant to delete my own post not yours.

I was conscious that I didn't want anything to develop into a slanging match on a thread about someone else's accident, who may well have been injured.

As I read post 7, Sally was driving along Mosborough Parkway (A57) towards Sheffield Parkway (A57/A630). None of the Mosborough Parkway section of the A57 up to the Moss Way roundabout has a 70 limit as none is dual carriageway.

I would agree with her that some folks treat it as a bit of a racetrack.

Personally I've been travelling at the speed limit on the 60 section, had someone in a car overtake my down the hashed lines, only to have someone else overtake them.

I can't see that fixed cameras would make that much difference though, unless they were Specs type, but I doubt that would be justified.

Thank you peak4 for your reply, i agree 100%, but i think the couse of 99% of motor accidents is drivers not knowing the highway code? and disregarding what they do know through ignorance, i never thought i would ever say this, but now i think the initial driving test should be followed up after 2 - 3 years by having to take the advanced driving test "ADT" may be a bit controversial but i think that would make our roads a little safer.

Kidley, my apologies, it was ill worded on my part; I actually meant to delete my own post not yours.

I was conscious that I didn't want anything to develop into a slanging match on a thread about someone else's accident, who may well have been injured.

As I read post 7, Sally was driving along Mosborough Parkway (A57) towards Sheffield Parkway (A57/A630). None of the Mosborough Parkway section of the A57 up to the Moss Way roundabout has a 70 limit as none is dual carriageway.

I would agree with her that some folks treat it as a bit of a racetrack.

Personally I've been travelling at the speed limit on the 60 section, had someone in a car overtake my down the hashed lines, only to have someone else overtake them.

I can't see that fixed cameras would make that much difference though, unless they were Specs type, but I doubt that would be justified.

There is application in the Star to make limit 50 from A57 end all the way to Parkway

There are some mindless idiots that use that road, only last week there was a car in the middle of the road going at high speed overtaking cars on the bend just before the pond. I have seen this numerous times it only needs someone doing the same the other way and there will be a head on crash on the bend.

There are some mindless idiots that use that road, only last week there was a car in the middle of the road going at high speed overtaking cars on the bend just before the pond. I have seen this numerous times it only needs someone doing the same the other way and there will be a head on crash on the bend.

Which was a regular cause of deaths on the A616 Stockbridge bypass several years ago, wasn't it? Someone charging up the middle of the road, meeting someone coming the opposite way doing the same thing.

That was mostly resolved using those SPECS speed cameras that monitor your average speed along the route.

Maybe that's the answer.