No contraception, no dole

I don't actually think Solomon1 is genuinely interested in eugenics. He's just found a route to entertain himself for a few hours.

Luckily, for all of us, it's an idea that doesn't hold much political weight anymore. I for one, hope it stays that way. It's always been a route to something horrific.

And I think Chris isn't actually interested in discussion at all, just found a way to entertain himself for a few hours...before going back to bed :hihi:

Luckily for us, this is a free and democratic society...where people can talk about new concepts and ideas without sleepy heads like him, trying to stifle the opportunity for new possibilites

---------- Post added 04-01-2015 at 14:50 ----------

It has already been explained..to repeat it would likely get this thread closed..which would be handy for those being made mincemeat of.

Then PM me dude.

I like Ubermaus, and it feels to me like you're picking on him a bit, so please stop :)

Luckily for us, this is a free and democratic society...where people can talk about new concepts and ideas

Controlling who can and cannot procreate is not a new idea. It's been debated and tried in various formats for coming up to 200 years.

However, with brains like Solomon on the case - I'm sure we have hope for mankind yet. ;)

I really don't understand some people. Some of the comments on this thread have surprised me.

Is there really a mass epidemic of people having children, just so they can claim benefits? I don't think there is. It happens, but it's not a problem that deserves suck drastic measures.

Attacking people who rely on state handouts is a really popular subject at the moment though. I suppose the sheep will always follow the shepherd :roll:

Indeed. And what's ironic is that those on here who usually rail against state interference, nanny state, politically correct elite blah blah blah.... turn into control freaks when it comes to people in receipt of benefits - 'vouchers for the unemployed instead of dole', 'pull out ragwort for your dole', and now it's 'no contraception, no dole'. :roll:

Edited by Mister M

Controlling who can and cannot procreate is not a new idea. It's been debated and tried in various formats for coming up to 200 years

Such as?

However, with brains like Solomon on the case - I'm sure we have hope for mankind yet ;)

Necessity is the mother of invention and something has to change

How would you like it if the state stole your right to reproductive freedom?

This 'freedom' should be earned

Too many atrocious parents, literally without a scoobie

Unfortunately Solomon there are also parents who don't claim benefits that are emotionally or mentally abusive to their children or negligent in their responsibilities. We can't take benefits away from them.

---------- Post added 04-01-2015 at 14:55 ----------

I like this idea. The general public should decide by consensus.

I think it's an awful idea.

Unfortunately Solomon there are also parents who don't claim benefits that are emotionally or mentally abusive to their children or negligent in their responsibilities. We can't take benefits away from them

Absolutely agree Mister M

In my ideal world, they would not have earned the right to parenthood either

I think it's an awful idea

It's just throwing ideas about dude :)