No contraception, no dole

Absolutely agree Mister M

In my ideal world, they would not have earned the right to parenthood either

It's just throwing ideas about dude :)

There are many great parents who have produced great children who may not have earned the right to parenthood, as deemed by the great and the good.

If you think about all the fabulous films that have been made in spite of their scripts being rejected by Hollywood, but have been made regardless of official indifference and doubt, the public would miss out on seeing some great films

No a general board. Input from all parts of society.

An idea was floated a while back of a general board deciding who gets treatment by the NHS, and who goes without. I shudder to think what would have happened, and who would be denied treatment based on populist sentiment.

There are many great parents who have produced great children who may not have earned the right to parenthood, as deemed by the great and the good

Agreed

But a selection process would mean that the god-awful parents out there, who shouldn't have kids by ANYone's standards would be weeded out

I think that's a good enough trade

If you think about all the fabulous films that have been made in spite of their scripts being rejected by Hollywood, but have been made regardless of official indifference and doubt, the public would miss out on seeing some great films [/color]

I do understand the point you're making Mister M

However, I think the benefits would outweigh the costs

It really is a no brainer in my eyes - only those capable of raising well balanced, emotionally secure and stable children, should be allowed to do so.

You're going to have to define what you mean by "well balanced, emotionally secure and stable" means. And what qualities a parent needs to provide them.

---------- Post added 04-01-2015 at 15:29 ----------

Is it REALLY that difficult?

Is it REALLY that necessary?