No contraception, no dole

A thread totally devoted to saying poor people can't have children! Thankfully, this idea is something we would never enforce........mainly because it's pathetically stupid.

Totally agree, and to summarise these various issues; the more responsibilities taken from people the more irresponsible they become, as there is no incentive to behave responsibly. The nanny state has decided to do it all for them.

Solomon1 - More and more interfering do-gooding legislation equals less freedoms, more bureacracy, more loopholes, more waste, more misery and more problems.

I think poor people should be allowed to have as many children as they want, but I also do not think that wealthier people should be forced to support more than two of them financially or provide them with an education and health care.

Parenthood can do strange things to people. Destroy you or be the making of you. There's no way of telling which way you'll go.

---------- Post added 04-01-2015 at 17:42 ----------

I think poor people should be allowed to have as many children as they want, but I also do not think that wealthier people should be forced to support more than two of them financially or provide them with an education and health care.

I don't think poor people should be made to support wealthy people when they cause the financial industry to crash. Rich people are becoming increasingly more difficult for the tax payer to support!

Health care is paid for by everyone and should remain free. Education should also be free; completely.

Edited by Bonzo77

And I think you are a mischievous troll. I cannot believe that any rational human being could come out with such illogical and half-baked claptrap as you have done.

Probably 'ivanava' by another name.:rolleyes:

Solomon1 - More and more interfering do-gooding legislation equals less freedoms, more bureacracy, more loopholes, more waste, more misery and more problems

With all due respect, I fail to see how there can be more misery than there already is.

If people didn't inadvertantly fall into parenthood, because they currently can....you would have people staying together because they really want to be with the other person, not because children are involved.

I feel that some sort of formalisation of parenting could be a really good thing, if nothing else, it would make people think whether they actually want children or not.

Many people have kids because society dictates it's the 'next step'.

Many people would rather not have had children at all, or had them under different circumstances, or with different partners.....

And they got trapped because they had spent about as much time thinking about the future, as they did about buying their next microwave meal

Parenthood can do strange things to people. Destroy you or be the making of you. There's no way of telling which way you'll go.

---------- Post added 04-01-2015 at 17:42 ----------

I don't think poor people should be made to support wealthy people when they cause the financial industry to crash. Rich people are becoming increasingly more difficult for the tax payer to support!

Health care is paid for by everyone and should remain free. Education should also be free; completely.

There is something wrong with your logic if you think very low tax paying poor people support the wealthy.

A thread totally devoted to saying poor people can't have children! Thankfully, this idea is something we would never enforce........mainly because it's pathetically stupid.

---------- Post added 04-01-2015 at 17:36 ----------

The only sensible thing that's been mentioned on here is educating young adults about the responsibilities of parenthood. Everything else is a joke! Akin to some sort of social cleansing.

Well said!

What if you work have 4 kids and lose your job? What if you unemployed and have triplets? Does the state have them? We'll still be paying and now they're in care - and that hasn't been working well.

---------- Post added 04-01-2015 at 17:36 ----------

The only sensible thing that's been mentioned on here is educating young adults about the responsibilities of parenthood. Everything else is a joke! Akin to some sort of social cleansing.

I would like a brand new Bentley but i cant afford one , should i be allowed to get one and let the taxpayer pick up the tab ?