No contraception, no dole

If society decided that for the greater good of society no one should have more than one child and the same policy was applied to everyone equally then no I would not have an issue with it.

That's not what I asked, I didn't think you'd answer to be honest.

That's not what I asked, I didn't think you'd answer to be honest.

Your question was not relevant, the discussion is about a policy that affects everyone equally, not about what the government should be allowed to do to just one individual.

From a personal point of few there are plenty of laws I disagree with, but I can see the benefit to society that these laws bring.

Edited by anfisa

According to the latest government census the majority of the population was in favour of the policy , and if a population can not feed its self then it makes sense for the majority to forcibly stop the minority from making the situation worse than it already is. Surely it is better to cut the number of child births than to allow children to be born into poverty and starvation, overpopulation has some very serious consequences.

Anyway I thought the census was a means of counting households, not of asking opinions

Would you be happy for the state to violate your daughter's body against her will to prevent her conceiving?

No sorry it does not help.

Are you going to answer my question? I've repeated it above in case you forgot.

According to the latest government census the majority of the population was in favour of the policy , and if a population can not feed its self then it makes sense for the majority to forcibly stop the minority from making the situation worse than it already is. Surely it is better to cut the number of child births than to allow children to be born into poverty and starvation, overpopulation has some very serious consequences.

Unless you can provide any evidence to the contrary I am going to assume that you have just made this bit up.

---------- Post added 05-01-2015 at 19:28 ----------

It is not relevant to the discussion because being unhappy with a law does not mean the law should be abolished.

It's entirely relevant. I'm asking you to consider what it might feel like to be at the receiving end of an action that you are proposing.

Unless you can provide any evidence to the contrary I am going to assume that you have just made this bit up.

---------- Post added 05-01-2015 at 19:28 ----------

It's entirely relevant. I'm asking you to consider what it might feel like to be at the receiving end of an action that you are proposing.

You can assume anything you like and although you may think it relevant I do not.