No contraception, no dole

No I think we should have requirements for amenities to go with housing, such as 2 allotments per 100 new dwellings, access to a small park within a 1 mile radius and a large one within a 5 mile radius, access to schools playing fields etc.

We have plenty of land, enough for a house and allotment each, and we'd still have plenty. We don't need an allotment each, there isn't enough demand for that many. But if we did, there would be enough room.

The problem being that the land is in the highlands of Scotland and the houses would not be. Unless you have access to fast swaths of unused land around our cities and towns.

My solution would be to have the new born taken from them and put in to a care system or let a decent family adopt the child until the parents pull themselves together.

I do realise that this approach is much more expensive (in the short term) than the status quo, but this issue isn't about money for me, its about repairing society.

Raising children in care homes is monumentally destructive for the child, and for society. Children who are raised in care have much lower educational achievements at school, are much less likely to go to university, and much more likely to commit crime and go to prison. You've not come up with a quick solution.

The problem being that the land is in the highlands of Scotland and the houses would not be. Unless you have access to fast swaths of unused land around our cities and towns.

There is plenty of land, much of it beside golf courses for example, and golf courses for example :D

There is plenty of land, much of it beside golf courses for example, and golf courses for example :D

But if you build houses on Golf courses you would be inconvenienced by the golfers walking on your garden to recover their balls, not to mention all the broken windows. :D

But if you build houses on Golf courses you would be inconvenienced by the golfers walking on your garden to recover their balls, not to mention all the broken windows. :D

Nobody can afford to play anymore, they spend all their money on rent, golfers are dying out due to a lack of affordable housing, simples :D

Nobody can afford to play anymore, they spend all their money on rent, golfers are dying out due to a lack of affordable housing, simples :D

Surely the answer then is to lower the price of playing golf, this would surely encourage more golfers which would keep them more healthy and cut the cost of caring for unhealthy people.

Surely the answer then is to lower the price of playing golf, this would surely encourage more golfers which would keep them more healthy and cut the cost of caring for unhealthy people.

It doesn't cost owt to care in Sheffield, you get it for free, people are always telling me to take care, don't pay for it, just tek it! :hihi:

Vast swathes of farmland, common land and greenbelt...

---------- Post added 07-01-2015 at 13:05 ----------

Materially poor people CAN have children for me; the issue is the money needed to raise the children and it can not be right that degenerate non contributing people have an automatic right to taxpayers money so as to ensure that the children get what they need.

My solution would be to have the new born taken from them and put in to a care system or let a decent family adopt the child until the parents pull themselves together.

I do realise that this approach is much more expensive (in the short term) than the status quo, but this issue isn't about money for me, its about repairing society.

It's not just expensive, it won't achieve the stated aim, in fact it will make things considerably worse.