Shiny Sheff at Lodge Moor

Wonder Boy

I have been in more in the last 3 weeks than I have in the last 10 years. The Shiny is excellent, a very nice atmosphere in smart well decorated pub. The real ale is top notch and at £2.90 a pint is very competitive. Saturday afternoons sees a good family feel with what look like nice good value meals. For the time being the Shiny is on an even keel and is ploughing forward on calm steady waters.

• 2 weeks later...

I still think they need some extra work to get people in; karaoke on Fridays seems to be getting a few less in already (a good thing, IMO, as I don't like karaoke - but if it works for the pub, good for them); the live entertainment on Saturdays is really dire (apart from Chris Johnson) - the 'acts' they have had on are very low grade, not bringing people in at all.

But it's still early doors, and they have time to change this....the people running the pub are nice and making an effort, which is to be applauded.

I still think they need some extra work to get people in; karaoke on Fridays seems to be getting a few less in already (a good thing, IMO, as I don't like karaoke - but if it works for the pub, good for them); the live entertainment on Saturdays is really dire (apart from Chris Johnson) - the 'acts' they have had on are very low grade, not bringing people in at all.

But it's still early doors, and they have time to change this....the people running the pub are nice and making an effort, which is to be applauded.

Agree although I have yet to be in on a Friday evening to see the entertainment.

As I said previously, I think karaoke has had its day; leave it to seaside resorts and inner city pubs. The Shiny Sheff does not need it! Other than that, I'm delighted with my local and Paul and Andy are running a good house...or should that be ship?

Agree although I have yet to be in on a Friday evening to see the entertainment.

As I said previously, I think karaoke has had its day; leave it to seaside resorts and inner city pubs. The Shiny Sheff does not need it! Other than that, I'm delighted with my local and Paul and Andy are running a good house...or should that be ship?

That's a good walk for a "local" :hihi:

I take it you are walking across the golf course? Saves 10 minutes

That's a shame.

Thing that struck me when visiting was the effort of the management and staff to make it work.

They have done well but there is plenty more to do to establish the place.