The BIG Ecclesall Rd Fast Food Scam/Rubbish

Having been on Ecclesall Road during University terms, the Hallam students are a scary, chavy bunch of louts. I think as long as you can write your name on the form then Hallam take you in. Very little respect for the area.

go4git

That's a rather sweeping and unjustified statement, how many of these students have you met and actually talked to? we have Hallam students as neighbours and this is the 3rd group and I would have them anytime above the family that was in the house previously.

Having been on Ecclesall Road during University terms, the Hallam students are a scary, chavy bunch of louts. I think as long as you can write your name on the form then Hallam take you in. Very little respect for the area.

Having been a Hallam University student for 10 years on and off I must say I'm suprised that I'm a scary, chavvy lout who's only academic ability is to be able to hold a pen.

Tomorrow I will make sure my Oxbridge educated colleagues immediately ignore me as it is clear I am beneath contempt.

I never knew that it was possible to know what university I attended just by looking at me. Oh the shame.

Thank you for putting me, and tens of thousands of successful graduates in our place...we will henceforth not sully the haven of humility and equality that is Eccy road. Only allow highly paid professionals such as doctors, dentists, architects and engineers frequent it. Oh hang on a minute, that would be them and me as well...

...ya snob.

Now I've lived most of my life just off Ecclesall road and, as a rule I've never had a massive problem with all the bars and take outs and the rubbish that comes from people using the establishments, indeed, I've seen some owners such as Harlequins actually cleaning up the mess left by students after a busy night. But lately, well lately the amount of trash from THREE main culprits is really starting to get me angry, those being K.F.C. TACO-BELL, BASKIN BOBBINS and COSTA COFFEE. The amount of litter all over Ecclesall Road from these stores is bordering on the ridiculous! I did some research and it appears that it's the SAME company that owns these stores! Now, those long time residents will no that McDonalds tried, and failed, for many years to open a store in Ecclesall. Well it appears that this company have managed to slide in with the stores they have, gentrifying the area even MORE! They originally took over the old Pizza Hut site by applying for a license to open a "Potato Store" but then opened KFC and a Baskin Bobbins (Or whatever it's called) surely this can't be allowed?! What can be done about the litter too?!

It sounds more like DE-gentrifying to me!

Ecclesall Rd used to be good, its turning into the moor

No its not, What do you think is 'turning it into the moor'?

The last time i checked the moor wasn't full of independant shops and a good mix of pubs/bars.