Drug prohibition costs lives

I hope you're happy with the amount of your tax that goes towards fighting the never ending war on drugs and criminalising recreational users?

---------- Post added 05-01-2015 at 18:08 ----------

You're the one in denial.

how much is spent on fighting drugs then smart arse?

ha ha you dont know do you!!

the problem with the superman pills, it's not the Extacy (MDMA) that's killing, it's some "unknown substance" that is mixed with...

And that's usually the case (at least 95% of drug related deaths, there has been some other substance involved, and not just the main drug)

But without all the prohibition, it would be controlled and regulated properly, so there would be pureer stuff, so less deaths...

whos 'us' ?

Your punctuation isn't great by the way, do you mean:

Who is 'us'?

You don't know who 'us' is? You were the one who originally used the term on this thread. You should know who you were referring to!

I presumed (and please correct me if I'm mistaken) you mean't everyone else in the human race, other than the OP. Which would include me; and as you went on to say that 'us' can think clearly, and how we had thoughts about the OP not starting new threads on this topic; I only thought it fair to correct you. I didn't think the OP shouldn't have started this thread; I do think other people shouldn't presume to represent the opinion of the entire human race (which included myself), vs, the opinion of one other poster.

If that's what you were doing of course!

Anyhow, for your benefit, the snippet from your post, that we're discussing, was...

but the rest of us,can think clearly and think you should ad to one of the other threads

the problem with the superman pills, it's not the Extacy (MDMA) that's killing, it's some "unknown substance" that is mixed with...

It's not an unknown substance apparently, and they're not mixing it with MDMA, they're using it to replace MDMA because MDMA production has been clamped down on, as I detailed in the OP:

"they all appear to have taken a drug called PMA (phenoxymethylamphetamine). We presume that they did not know this was what was in the pills bearing the Superman logo that they bought – it seems likely they thought it was ecstasy (MDMA)."

---------- Post added 05-01-2015 at 18:26 ----------

Why the hell would you put non prescribed drugs in your body in order to alter your state of mind?

Because it's fun.

Am I to take it from your question that you never consume alcohol or caffeine or nicotine?

And that you don't understand the common behavior of most normal people who do partake in one or more of those drugs?

Edited by flamingjimmy

So, looked this stuff up on wikipedia (yes I know) and it sounds like it can cause some pretty er undesirable effects including various forms of brain damage and damage to motor functions. Essentially it is bad for you.

I don't like the idea of this stuff being available at all. Its a tough one, perhaps we could turn the tables for once and challenge those who advocate taking it/ making it available to suggest a way to discourage its use since it seems to be undisputed that it is bad for you.