Drug prohibition costs lives

It quite clearly does, but I'll indulge you, you amuse me. What does decrease consumption?

Reducing the supply of drugs, increasing the cost of drugs and reducing the number of addicts by getting them through detox.

Make it difficult to access drugs.

Having things do to that distract you when you feel like taking the drug.

Support from family and friends.

Counseling

Self help

Medical Treatment

Edited by anfisa

Reducing the supply of drugs, increasing the cost of drugs and reducing the number of addicts by getting them through detox.

Is this a bit of history repeating itself?

Witch-Hunting was rife around the early modern period between 1400 to 1700, resulting in an estimated 70,000 to 100,000 executions.

The perpatrators of these witch-hunts were notibly scabbly little people, with very little brain power and tunnel vision, who were afraid of anyone that didnt conform to their way of thinking and would congregate together to assist each other in the bringing down of their victim, often accusing them of having "Other Names" in their past, or being a grotesque figure that lived under a bridge.

After witch-hunting was all but abolished, these perpatrators chose a new life, hidden in the depths of Sheffield Forum, having changed their identities to more moderate titles, that resembled fish like creatures or wind patterns and even harvest plants and even a fictional cartoon dog.

But their anonymitity was to be short lived, as their real intentions became clear.

Anfisa, my humble advice would be to put the said figures into your mental ignore list, and do not rise to their provocation. They will soon find a new victim.

What what its worth, I agree that drug legalisation would be a grave error for us all.

Is this a bit of history repeating itself?

Witch-Hunting was rife around the early modern period between 1400 to 1700, resulting in an estimated 70,000 to 100,000 executions.

The perpatrators of these witch-hunts were notibly scabbly little people, with very little brain power and tunnel vision, who were afraid of anyone that didnt conform to their way of thinking and would congregate together to assist each other in the bringing down of their victim, often accusing them of having "Other Names" in their past, or being a grotesque figure that lived under a bridge.

After witch-hunting was all but abolished, these perpatrators chose a new life, hidden in the depths of Sheffield Forum, having changed their identities to more moderate titles, that resembled fish like creatures or wind patterns and even harvest plants and even a fictional cartoon dog.

But their anonymitity was to be short lived, as their real intentions became clear.

Anfisa, my humble advice would be to put the said figures into your mental ignore list, and do not rise to their provocation. They will soon find a new victim.

What what its worth, I agree that drug legalisation would be a grave error for us all.

I just think of their next victims and because I can take it on the chin, I think whilst they are being abusive towards me they have less time to attack other more vulnerable victims. ;)

having changed their identities to more moderate titles,

Like gimp you mean?

Which is worthless, old boy..."What what".

---------- Post added 11-01-2015 at 14:06 ----------

I just think of their next victims and because I can take it on the chin, I think whilst they are being abusive towards me they have less time to attack other more vulnerable victims. ;)

That brought a heart felt tear to me eyes...:hihi:

By doing what? Everything that has been tried, has failed.

No it has not, drugs would be much easier to access if we did not try to stop them getting into the country, therefor trying to stop them as made them more difficult to acquire, with more resources and effort we could make them more difficult to acquire.

The countries with the toughest drug laws have the lowest levels of drug abuse.

Edited by anfisa

No it has not, drugs would be much easier to access if we did not try to stop them getting into the country, therefor trying to stop them as made them more difficult to acquire, with more resources and effort we could make them more difficult to acquire.

The countries with the toughest drug laws have the lowest levels of drug abuse.

The toughest drug laws are in Japan. Whilst they have low drug usage. It's probably got as much to do with the culture as anything else.

Other than that, your statement simply isn't true.

It's impossible to stop drugs coming into the country. Especially heroin etc. It's used for medical purposes too.

like it or lump it. Bottom line, drugs are going nowhere, ever.

The toughest drug laws are in Japan. Whilst they have low drug usage. It's probably got as much to do with the culture as anything else.

Other than that, your statement simply isn't true.

It's impossible to stop drugs coming into the country. Especially heroin etc. It's used for medical purposes too.

like it or lump it. Bottom line, drugs are going nowhere, ever.

Or more likley to do with the tough drugs laws, and whilst I agree that stopping them completely is probably impossible it is no reason to remove the laws around them.

Or more likley to do with the tough drugs laws, and whilst I agree that stopping them completely is probably impossible it is no reason to remove the laws around them.

Well, let's just put it this way. Your laws have been tried and have failed. Decriminalisation hasn't been tried.

What your also not taking into account, is the billions spent world wide - not just the UK - trying to police drugs. Countless innocent lives are lost and families torn apart by cartels. It's not just a local problem.