Drug prohibition costs lives

those figures are inaccurate they are produced by the singaporean police department based on number of arrests. There are many cases of the singapore authorities revising their figures depending on the circumstances. (in both directions) The figures are also mainly from 2006.

for a more believable look at the figures

http://thejakartaglobe.beritasatu.com/archive/heroin-makes-comeback-among-new-addicts-in-singapore/

Still thats 3 years old now. You just can't get accurate drug use figures for a place like singapore or even a place like the uk.

A similar bit of maths shows that the 0.9% figure for the uk = 576,900 in 2006 Which is wildly off the mark.

According to Drugscope the peak was towards the end of the 1990's with an estimate of 350,000.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/drug-misuse-findings-from-the-2012-to-2013-csew/drug-misuse-findings-from-the-2012-to-2013-crime-survey-for-england-and-wales

Shows, according to the bbc that survey

"suggested that 0.1% of the population (around 33,000 people) had used the drug within the past year "

Which would put us right near the bottom of that wiki league table.

those figures are inaccurate they are produced by the singaporean police department based on number of arrests. There are many cases of the singapore authorities revising their figures depending on the circumstances. (in both directions) The figures are also mainly from 2006.

for a more believable look at the figures

http://thejakartaglobe.beritasatu.com/archive/heroin-makes-comeback-among-new-addicts-in-singapore/

Still thats 3 years old now. You just can't get accurate drug use figures for a place like singapore or even a place like the uk.

A similar bit of maths shows that the 0.9% figure for the uk = 576,900 in 2006 Which is wildly off the mark.

According to Drugscope the peak was towards the end of the 1990's with an estimate of 350,000.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/drug-misuse-findings-from-the-2012-to-2013-csew/drug-misuse-findings-from-the-2012-to-2013-crime-survey-for-england-and-wales

Shows, according to the bbc that survey

"suggested that 0.1% of the population (around 33,000 people) had used the drug within the past year "

Which would put us right near the bottom of that wiki league table.

They said 0.9% of the population aged 15-64. Not 0.9% of the total population, so 0.9% of population aged 15-64 is probably about 350k.

• 4 weeks later...

Yet another senior policeman sees a glimpse of the light - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11387697/Dont-arrest-addicts-give-them-free-drugs-Chief-Constable-says.html

Drug addicts are not bad people and should be given support and treatment rather than regarded as criminals, one of the country’s most senior police officers has said.

Mike Barton, the Chief Constable of Durham, said arresting and charging addicts was a waste of time and money.

I think that Chief Constable Barton only remains to be convinced of the case against prohibition , and that's a small step from his current position. He should take a long look at http://www.leap.cc

• 4 weeks later...

I think essentially it comes down to; 'who owns you?' Your body and mind do not belong to anyone but you. What you do with it is your decision. Yes, educate, but to condescend the population and distort 'concern' to suit political ends is disgusting. Professor Nutt should be everyone's first port of call on substance misuse legislation / topics (sacked by the government because he told a truth incompatible with their posturing).

I think essentially it comes down to; 'who owns you?' Your body and mind do not belong to anyone but you. What you do with it is your decision. Yes, educate, but to condescend the population and distort 'concern' to suit political ends is disgusting. Professor Nutt should be everyone's first port of call on substance misuse legislation / topics (sacked by the government because he told a truth incompatible with their posturing).

Good post :thumbsup:

I think essentially it comes down to; 'who owns you?' Your body and mind do not belong to anyone but you. What you do with it is your decision. Yes, educate, but to condescend the population and distort 'concern' to suit political ends is disgusting.

Absolutely.

Drug prohibition is an infringement of cognitive liberty.

We do not have the right of cognitive liberty in this country. Yet.

The approved drugs are stimulants and stupefactants, which makes us a nation of stupefied workaholics.

I'm not at home at the moment, so apologies, but if you could link to something showing otherwise, please do.

By drug use falling, I assume that you mean heroin? Because cocaine was on the rise last time I looked. Also, you can cut cannabis out of the figures all together because more people are growing their own for personal use, making it impossible to tell the exact figures, and as I said before, heroin use is falling because of the subscriptions that are being handed out to addicts.

Does this include those taking methadone or subutex along with their heroin?

What about the black market in methadone and subutex alone?

whos 'us' ?

Druggys,users,smack heads?

Why do you keep reappearing under another identity or are you me under another name.

Leave them alone in their sad worlds of mental oblivion.

---------- Post added 28-02-2015 at 15:04 ----------

Consistency never was one of your strong points was it?

Have you any spare bro?

---------- Post added 28-02-2015 at 15:09 ----------

Yes, thought it might. Your other half must be so proud of you.....oh hang on, sorry. I forgot. Did anyone ever lend you a tent?.:hihi::hihi:

His other half? Yeh you're right he's not all there.:hihi:

Why do you keep reappearing under another identity or are you me under another name.

Leave them alone in their sad worlds of mental oblivion.

---------- Post added 28-02-2015 at 15:04 ----------

Have you any spare bro?

---------- Post added 28-02-2015 at 15:09 ----------

His other half? Yeh you're right he's not all there.:hihi:

To call you a moron would be an insult to morons. :loopy:

Still, the more you post the more ridiculous and childish you look, so in many ways it's a win :hihi:

• 2 years later...