Free parking around hallamshire/broomhill

Penistone999 - Just, an idiot or troll. Plain and simple. Idiot or troll. No doubt about it.

The man is trying to now argue that urban areas don't need green space. Brilliant. Not on this planet.

Also, football pitches opposite Weston Park - used very regularly in all the time I have been in Sheffield (+10 years). Don't talk nonsense.

My wife is set to move to the hallamshire and we are wanting to use their nursery which is next to the hospital. In terms of her dropping the child off the only issue is parking after for the day. She can apply for a permit but its on a first come first serve basis so theres no guarantee even though you pay a substantial fee. Only option would be to park close by for free. I know broomhill is majority permit holders but is there anywhere at all thats free these days? I know the road alongside the sheffield uni law school is free but thats no guarantee at the best of times. Any road names and advice much appreciated.

Thanks

I've pm'd you.

Well a better option would be for the university training grounds opposite weston park hospital which are only used rarely and in the evenings to be used as carparks but then we may upset the obscenely influential and powerful people at Sheffield University who have a hold over Sheffield development. :rant:

I understand the Uni looked at building a car park underneath the sports pitches, but it worked out too expensive.

I believe the hospital got outline consent a few years ago for a multi storey car park at Weston Park Hospital, but it has never been built.

those parks are in built up areas ,not in unspoilt countryside , so why sholudnt they be used as car parks when there is a severe lack of parking around there.

Because urban dwellers want green space as much as you do. We want parks to have a walk and rest in.

In any case no one is going to turn Weston Park and the Botanical Gardens into car parks and anyone thinking they should is just showing what out-of-touch self-absorbed mono-obsessive sociopaths they are.

Stick to your social isolation in Barnsley and leave Sheffield to people who live here.

Lots of folks park on the road that runs alongside the Botanical Gardens. It's free but you have to move before the bus lane comes back in operation (might be 4:30?) so if would depend on when she finishes. Alternatively there's occasionally room on Oakholme Road.

This being said, I've found working in Broomhill that I've spent so long just driving around looking for a free spot I might as well have just forked out a few pounds in a metered area and been done with it!!

Lots of folks park on the road that runs alongside the Botanical Gardens. It's free but you have to move before the bus lane comes back in operation (might be 4:30?) so if would depend on when she finishes. Alternatively there's occasionally room on Oakholme Road.

This being said, I've found working in Broomhill that I've spent so long just driving around looking for a free spot I might as well have just forked out a few pounds in a metered area and been done with it!!

The road that runs alongside the Botanical Gardens is full at 6.30am when I drive along there so is probably a nonstarter unless the OP works the night shift.

She could try parking in the Hunters Bar area and walk along Brocco Bank- someone I know that worked at RHH did this.

Edited by Daven