Too fat to work.

Yes, according to the law if you target certain groups of people, who, because of years of abuse, have earned 'protected' status in law.

---------- Post added 07-01-2015 at 08:43 ----------

Posters who continue to abuse people because of any visible personal characteristic, including skin colour, hair colour, size, etc. The obese, along with ginger-haired people have become the last available targets of ignorant morons.

The obese, particularly, and they have to suffer the assumptions arrived at by ignorant morons that they are lazy, greedy, etc - when that is not always the case, and in fact, is often the opposite.

---------- Post added 07-01-2015 at 08:47 ----------

A perfect example, here ^^ of a fatcist bully.

I would expect someone that does not like abusive name calling to avoid using abusive name calling. ;)

It will eventually come, thanks to posters like your less than good self.

Well done, another poster, not too proud or clever to show the world they are an ignorant fatcist bully.

Are you fat yourself?

Fat people should be encouraged to lose weight, perhaps by being chased. It isn't (in the vast majority of cases) an illness but a choice.

I would expect someone that does not like abusive name calling to avoid using abusive name calling. ;)

Labelling a group of people, due to a common personal characteristic of their appearance is a loathsome trait, if you wish to defend such behaviour on an open forum, you are free to do so, at the moment. It doesn't make it a nice thing to do though.

What disgusting, hateful language. I can't wait until people who write such ignorant and vile things are getting hounded down by the authorities and charged for hate crimes. It's coming, and not before time. Time for potty-mouthed fatcists to have to EAT their foul words.

Are you a bit on the large side yourself?

---------- Post added 07-01-2015 at 09:05 ----------

Yes, according to the law if you target certain groups of people, who, because of years of abuse, have earned 'protected' status in law.

---------- Post added 07-01-2015 at 08:43 ----------

Posters who continue to abuse people because of any visible personal characteristic, including skin colour, hair colour, size, etc. The obese, along with ginger-haired people have become the last available targets of ignorant morons.

The key thing about most characteristics is that they aren't by choice and can't (reasonably) be changed by choice.

Weight is different. You don't get fat without eating too much for a sustained period of time.

The obese, particularly, and they have to suffer the assumptions arrived at by ignorant morons that they are lazy, greedy, etc - when that is not always the case, and in fact, is often the opposite.

It really is the case. Basic laws of thermodynamics apply to everyone. You CANNOT get fat without consuming more energy than you expend. No trick of genetics or illness can defeat the laws of physics.

Are you fat yourself?

Fat people should be encouraged to lose weight, perhaps by being chased. It isn't (in the vast majority of cases) an illness but a choice.

I'm overweight.

I'll give up, before being chased, you can come and get me. Life isn't the best time for me at the moment, due to not being able to move after sustaining an awful back injury (whilst being more active than the majority of people I know!) that now makes it difficult for me to walk more than a few steps at the moment.

What are you going to do when you get me, beat the hell out of me, because you find my appearance offends your eyes?

Oh, now we have "(in the vast majority of cases)". Wow, you are some expert.

---------- Post added 07-01-2015 at 09:10 ----------

Are you a bit on the large side yourself?

See above.

Out of interest, would you ask me if I was black, if I was speaking out against racism? Or is it such a rarity for you that someone might like to stand up for obese people and their right not to be labelled by the ignorant.

Labelling a group of people, due to a common personal characteristic of their appearance is a loathsome trait, if you wish to defend such behaviour on an open forum, you are free to do so, at the moment. It doesn't make it a nice thing to do though.

He didn't label a group, he called two individuals who were grossly obese "lard arses". Not very PC, but not inaccurate.

---------- Post added 07-01-2015 at 09:14 ----------

Out of interest, would you ask me if I was black, if I was speaking out against racism? Or is it such a rarity for you that someone might like to stand up for obese people and their right not to be labelled by the ignorant.

If we were speaking of racism, I would assume that you were one colour or another. Everyone is.

We weren't though.

I don't see why the fat shouldn't be labelled as fat, it's a physical description. Do you mean that we should pretend not to see it at all?

I don't treat people differently based on skin colour, we don't get a choice about that.

I wouldn't treat a fat person differently to a skinny one, but if we were talking about health I'd tell them that their weight isn't ideal.

And if they were grossly obese and still stuffing their face, I might well find that a little bit disgusting. Do you want to tell people what they can feel, or just tell them that they can't express that emotion?

The key thing about most characteristics is that they aren't by choice and can't (reasonably) be changed by choice.

Weight is different. You don't get fat without eating too much for a sustained period of time.

It really is the case. Basic laws of thermodynamics apply to everyone. You CANNOT get fat without consuming more energy than you expend. No trick of genetics or illness can defeat the laws of physics.

Wow. You think that's why certain states of being are 'protected'; because they 'can't be reasonably changed by choice'? You think that's why a state of being should be 'protected' in law?

You think people 'choose' to be overweight?

Your 'expertise' is lacking.

I'm overweight.

I'll give up, before being chased, you can come and get me. Life isn't the best time for me at the moment, due to not being able to move after sustaining an awful back injury (whilst being more active than the majority of people I know!) that now makes it difficult for me to walk more than a few steps at the moment.

What are you going to do when you get me, beat the hell out of me, because you find my appearance offends your eyes?

Oh, now we have "(in the vast majority of cases)". Wow, you are some expert.

---------- Post added 07-01-2015 at 09:10 ----------

See above.

Racism isn't the same thing. You are fat because you run your body on a calorie surplus. Reduce your calories and you will lose weight.

I am sorry life isn't good for you and wish you all the happiness in the world but don't equate fatties to groups that have been targeted for their ethnicity.

I've got to break for a while, to do my physio and some work. Please forgive me, if that shatters anyone's illusions on this thread of 'lard-arses'. I'll return soon to see what lovely things you guys have written....maybe.

---------- Post added 07-01-2015 at 09:21 ----------

Racism isn't the same thing. You are fat because you run your body on a calorie surplus. Reduce your calories and you will lose weight.

I am sorry life isn't good for you and wish you all the happiness in the world but don't equate fatties to groups that have been targeted for their ethnicity.

Actually, with regard to why it merits 'protected status in law' it is EXACTLY the same thing: to discourage crimes of hate and ignorance - and that is why it is needed!

Sorry is a bit late now, after your spouting of hate.