Foster is at it again.

Of which I have made plenty, a classic case of "replying to the poster and not the post" occuring here.

Are you not going to lambast ECCOnoob for saying the same as me then?

No. I'll just agree with all the people who don't.

You show a lack of compassion for the sake of argument.

Sorry, your point is?

I was quoting Trav4 (see post #26) who seems to be chasing me but not you, despite us having exactly the same opinion :D

---------- Post added 07-01-2015 at 11:18 ----------

No. I'll just agree with all the people who don't.

You show a lack of compassion for the sake of argument.

All my compassion for the pensioners went out of the window on travel matters when they chose to repeatedly break the law in order for them to try and get their way. They are in for an even bigger shock this time next year when their half price train travel will be for the chop, along with all the estate buses that are loaded all day with non-fare paying customers.

Edited by No User Name

I don't think you've grasped the sensitivity here.

Someone who has spent all their life doing something in a certain way is suddenly being forced to change their lifetime habits. It's no so easy for some people.

It's like saying to our 20 year old knitting example, your mobile phone is going to be taken away from you and replaced by phone boxes on the street.

I wonder what you think their reaction might be? :|

They wouldnt like it but you have to grin and bare it. Not the fault of organisations if the minority dont embrace change.

Point blank refusing to even attempt to learn (like the lady in the OP's example) is plain daft.

You don't need to afford a computer. You just need access to one.

Access to computers in this society is FREE for everyone. She is creating the barriers here and more fool her.

If she is so reluctant to check online she needs to pick up the phone or toddle off to a bus stop and LOOK at the free timetable stuck on the stop.

The woman is a moron.

All this reluctant to change, forced to learn is horse crap. For the majority of these pensioners computers have been around in the domestic and personal levels for 40+ years now. Many pensioners own one or have had some basic skill of using one. Come 5-10 years time every pensioner will at some point had some use of a computer.

Paper timetables should well be cut out.

My mum in her 70s and spent the final 20 years of her working life using computers. She owns a laptop and tablet, and despite only knowing the basics she is more than capable of looking up some bus times.

Telephones have been in the public reach for over 70+ years so if you are really that much of a luddite you are still capable of picking up the phone and asking when the next bus is.

What is wrong with these people. Have they been living in a cave?

If you can manage to pick up and read through a paper timetable book, you are more than capable of making a phone call.

What a patronising, condescending, horrible person you appear to be.