Urban Quarter burgers in Kelham

DMag

It wasn't for that reason, it was because the car park owners were taking the mick - when they were ordered to make improvements, e.g. for disability access, they never did a thing. See the planning appeal documents at http://publicaccess.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=M8HO8SNYFY000 for more.

So why dont the council take it on and help develop the area to be what could become a real jewel in Sheffields crown.

So why dont the council take it on and help develop the area to be what could become a real jewel in Sheffields crown.

Probably because it's not a priority for the council and they don't have enough money at the minute to do it. I agree with you though. I used to park in the car park referred to in this thread :(

Might give Kelham Island a go at the weekend and check thethis and Craft and Dough out. Does anyone know if you can just pop in for a beer, or are they mainly foodie? I'll probably have lunch in one but doubt I could manage a burger AND a pizza!

We called down today - Sunday and surprisingly they are closed Sunday and Monday, the area was very busy, both The Grind and Craft and Dough were close to full, Kelham Island museum looked busy, it appears to me a big opportunity is being missed on Sunday.

Anyway we had a walk round to the Riverside Pub, the burgers by the Twisted Burger Company were excellent and all half price throughout Janauary - 2 people ate burger and fries for £11, superb.

We went last night.

Enjoyed the food, as someone else said they aren't portions that your going to feel really stuffed from but the emphasis is definitely on quality rather than quantity. Fries were lovely and crispy and the Sheffield Pilsner they have on tap is rather tasty!!

And a big shout out for the donuts too, they were very very moreish!!!!

I think the menu could do with a little expanding and there needs to be a children's offering somewhere but we will be going back for sure!

We called down today - Sunday and surprisingly they are closed Sunday and Monday, the area was very busy, both The Grind and Craft and Dough were close to full, Kelham Island museum looked busy, it appears to me a big opportunity is being missed on Sunday.

Anyway we had a walk round to the Riverside Pub, the burgers by the Twisted Burger Company were excellent and all half price throughout Janauary - 2 people ate burger and fries for £11, superb.

Cheers. I do like Twisted Burger having had them in the Harley and at the food festival. Was just more interested in checking the new places out. Good tip about going on a Sunday tho. Thanks.