Paris shooting. 17 dead

Oh is that supposed to be a sexist remark? You don't really practice what you preach do you?

---------- Post added 08-01-2015 at 21:19 ----------

But are you sick of the muslims that go out killing and praising your god whilst doing it? Are you sick of folk who get offended by a cartoon and go out killing because of it?

Yes I am actually.....

But are you sick of the muslims that go out killing and praising your god whilst doing it? Are you sick of folk who get offended by a cartoon and go out killing because of it?

I'm sick of people trying to hang the sins of extremists around the necks or ordinary decent Muslims.

I hope this doesn't sound callous or insensitive...

How much is a human life worth? Is value conditional on how like us (cultural similarities, lives close to us on planet earth, etc) a person is?

I don't understand why there is so much press-coverage, so much concern with this current situation in France; when in other parts of the world, many many innocents (incl. innocent children) are dying each day, yet we are not up in arms about those lost lives.

How much is a human life worth? Is value conditional on how like us (cultural similarities, lives close to us on planet earth, etc) a person is?

I don't understand why there is so much press-coverage, so much concern with this current situation in France; when in other parts of the world, many many innocents (incl. innocent children) are dying each day, yet we are not up in arms about those lost lives.

Speaking personally I've got zero affinity with arabs in the middle east, whereas I do stand with my French brothers and sisters.

Thousands of Muslims held a rally in London in protest against extremism.

http://www.dawn.com/news/661434/uk-muslims-hold-rally-against-extremism

Thousands of mobilized Muslims and Christians alike marched through the streets of Oslo on Monday, expressing what one Muslim cleric called “collective disgust” for violent extremism in the name of Islam. http://www.newsinenglish.no/2014/08/25/thousands-march-against-extremism/

Manchester Muslims joined thousands across the UK today as part of a three-day event to denounce the extremist group ISIS’ campaign of ‘un-Islamic’ terror. http://www.mancunianmatters.co.uk/content/270669560-stand-against-extremism-manchester-muslims-join-thousands-across-uk-denounce-isis

Where is your evidence that Muslims want to fight on mass on British shores?

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, it doesn't seem to have the reporting that it warranted.

Rather than a planned organised rally I would dearly love to see moderate muslims march en masse from Friday prayers denouncing the vile cancer that draws all the headlines.

Can you imagine the moderates marching in every city, town and village, the message sent out would be worth a million denunciations on here.

Speaking personally I've got zero affinity with arabs in the middle east, whereas I do stand with my French brothers and sisters.

Do I understand you correctly? You have zero affinity with a human baby, if it is born to the 'wrong' (in your eyes) parents in the wrong part of the world?

It's a worthwhile area for discussion. I think the sad reality is that the value we place on life is conditional on many factors, some of which you mention. It is understandable of course why the Paris killings are such big news, but that doesn't mean we don't or shouldn't care about kids in Gaza or anywhere else.

---------- Post added 08-01-2015 at 21:47 ----------

Do I understand you correctly? You have zero affinity with a human baby, if it is born to the 'wrong' (in your eyes) parents in the wrong part of the world?

I think that's exactly what he's saying. Brown baby a long way away dies, doesn't bother him any.

I consider it a lack of empathy. An empathy vacuum.

Edited by Halibut

I think the clue to amount of concern is in post #5.

When people die for publishing satire - we're all on a road to ruin.

This wasn't just 12 individuals, it was a message intended for ALL of us. Our way of life, our freedoms.