Who really runs our country?

The biggest problem in this country is money in politics. It needs removing. The only money in politics should be the membership fees, about £30 per member, per year. This would remove the stupid donations from millionaires that control the political decisions. Instead it would force politicians to sign up members and it would hand power back to the people that matter.

No that isn't a big issue at all, in fact, I'd say that is a non-issue. Workers rights are relatively well protected here compared to other countries. The issue is that the link between voter and representative is artificial. I know I have a right to discuss things with my MP, but why should I? Even if I make the best point in the world about something national, there is nothing they can do - what is worse is that I can't alter the outcome of the election though, I either get Labour or Tory and because I live in S6 I either get Labour or Labour.

Corporations run our government. 5 billionaires own our media. They have huge power over our government. Rupert Murdock's son, at News International. Richard Desmond at The Express. Lord Rothermere at the Daily Mail. The Barclay brothers At the telegraph.

Are there any political parties which you think are not controlled by these rich people? If so vote for them at the next election.

No that isn't a big issue at all, in fact, I'd say that is a non-issue. Workers rights are relatively well protected here compared to other countries. The issue is that the link between voter and representative is artificial. I know I have a right to discuss things with my MP, but why should I? Even if I make the best point in the world about something national, there is nothing they can do - what is worse is that I can't alter the outcome of the election though, I either get Labour or Tory and because I live in S6 I either get Labour or Labour.

Workers rights?

Most of the big companies and many not so big have dumped their workers and replaced them with agency workers who have no rights at all.That includes councils.

some folk live in La la land.

Workers rights?

Most of the big companies and many not so big have dumped their workers and replaced them with agency workers who have no rights at all.That includes councils.

some folk live in La la land.

Yup some do, and others know what it is like in the rest of the world because they don't have isolationist tendencies.

In the years after WW2 both the Labour and Conservative parties had more than 2 million members. OK so no one had a tv and they were as much social groups as anything else, but still, you had participative democracy.

Now, both parties have less than 200,000 members. They couldn't keep going on their members subs.

They live in the style to which they have become accustomed due to the money they get from big business, rich men and rich organisations. So they are the people running the country, because he who pays the piper, calls the tune.

So why can't I control what the BBC publish and if I own it, how come I'm paying them money?

Cuz your a mug.You don't have to pay them nothing you know?

---------- Post added 08-01-2015 at 10:14 ----------

Corporations run our government. 5 billionaires own our media. They have huge power over our government. Rupert Murdock's son, at News International. Richard Desmond at The Express. Lord Rothermere at the Daily Mail. The Barclay brothers At the telegraph.

Not only do these people own 80% of the newspapers we read today, which gives them huge political power, they also own TV stations, press agencies, book companies, cinemas and cinema production companies. Almost everything we see or read about in Britain is dominated by these 5 men. This means that the wishes of the richest 0.1% dominates our governments actions.

Therefore the needs of people in the NHS, people in housing, people in the environment and people with disabilities get trashed in the stampede by the people in the 0.1% who dominate our media.

The leaders of the 3 big parties (and UKIP) are basically rent boys. How many times have you seen a picture of them posing with a copy of the Sun? How embarrassing! But it goes to show who is really running our country!

Look at the Leverson enquiry; if you're an honest politician and you want to stand up for something like housing, for example, and the Sun disagreed with you, that meant all your records and everything about your personal life, and your family life, or in the case of Russell Brand, your land lord, are subject to being raped by these people. Black male by the all powerful media has gone on for 30 years and it's about time it stopped!!!

The real Government are those behind closed doors that hold the strings.It does not matter who runs a party,they are just puppets.

Cuz your a mug.You don't have to pay them nothing you know?

---------- Post added 08-01-2015 at 10:14 ----------

I know this has been done to death on here before and others have disagreed with that, so the jury appears to be still out on that one,