VAGCOM reading needed on my AUDI A3

I have audi A3 2010 plate. the coil light has started flashing which has caused the car to go into limp mode. I have had the car looked at by my local garage but they suggested to get vagcom reading done as they cant seem to find the fault. this will give deeper info onto what is causing the car to go into limp mode. HELP PLZZZZZZ

My Superb had same fault and it was the EGR valve that had failed. A common failure on VAG diesels. And if it's on a common rail rather than the older PD its around £1200 to get it done as it's an approx 7 hour job to replace them with where they are now positioned in the engine bay.

It could be one of a million problems so don't fret too much when people start mentioning £1200 :)

It'll cost about 20-30 quid at any reputable garage to get it read, but you can buy a brand new vag specific reader on eBay for around £15 (possibly cheaper these days).

Really handy, and it also has the facility to reset the annoying orange light after it has gone into limp mode :)

Edited by trackside
Spelling error

My Superb had same fault and it was the EGR valve that had failed. A common failure on VAG diesels. And if it's on a common rail rather than the older PD its around £1200 to get it done as it's an approx 7 hour job to replace them with where they are now positioned in the engine bay.

We have EGR problems a lot in the Peugeot world. Usually a £3 blanking plate is fitted.