Are players wage demands an obstacle for the Blades??

trav4

Unfortunately united will be seen as one of the bigger fish in L1 and any enquiries for players will see the selling team increase their valuation accordingly.

I was asking about wage demands but your point is taken and probably accurate.

It could be an obstacle. Being a big club as a disadvantage. But I'm not having this as an excuse. We're good enough to win this league.

We must keep fighting ever day to get that top 2 spot. Big ask I know but anythings possible.

The current top two clubs might start to feel the heat.

If we end up in the play offs, and get to the final... we'll win this because the team we'd face have no option to come and get a result... hence we'd beat them.

Got a massive feeling we're on the up!!

Its always going to be hard to get decent players when your in league 1, as for wages I cant see them being that high for the sort of player United could attract in the third tier in England.

I agree with Corker, being in L1 and the biggest club outside the PL might cause an inflation on wages, prices etc. Nature of the beast. It happens to Manchester United too. That's why we've got a good youth system.

Its always going to be hard to get decent players when your in league 1, as for wages I cant see them being that high for the sort of player United could attract in the third tier in England.

That's the problem, attracting the quality of player needed in that league but if United can't do it how do others?.

I suppose it depends on the player and his current deal. O Grady for instance signed for Brighton in the Summer presumably on decent wages in The Championship he would be more difficult to negotiate a deal with than say Doyle or Ryan from Chesterfield