Heaven's eternity or eternal earthly wealth?

heaven or wealth?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. heaven or wealth?

• Wait for heaven
    • Give God the finger
    • other

Sorry thought we were talking about you.

Apart from the Abrahamic god, What other gods don't you believe in?

PS. You do know that Jews, Muslims and Christians all worship the same god, don't you?

You haven't been paying attention have you?

I've already explained that I don't believe any of the Earthly religions know the truth, that all Earthly God(s) were invented by the imagination of men.

I've also explained that that does not in any way preclude the existence of a Creator, it simply means that if there is one it is not one we have any knowledge of.

Whilst the three religions come from the tradition of Abraham there are differences which have resulted in death and destruction over many centuries.

Christianity believes in the Holy Trinity and that Jesus was God incarnate.

Neither the Jews nor Muslims accept this belief.

You haven't been paying attention have you?

I've already explained that I don't believe any of the Earthly religions know the truth, that all Earthly God(s) were invented by the imagination of men.

I've also explained that that does not in any way preclude the existence of a Creator, it simply means that if there is one it is not one we have any knowledge of.

Whilst the three religions come from the tradition of Abraham there are differences which have resulted in death and destruction over many centuries.

Christianity believes in the Holy Trinity and that Jesus was God incarnate.

Neither the Jews nor Muslims accept this belief.

That clears it all up, great.

You're an agnostic atheist.

Sorry thought we were talking about you.

Apart from the Abrahamic god, What other gods don't you believe in?

PS. You do know that Jews, Muslims and Christians all worship the same god, don't you?

Do Christians and Muslims both have Because of crucial differences between the Christian and Muslim concepts of God, the two faiths cannot both be true.

conclusion :Therefore, Christianity, Judaism, and Islam do not believe in nor worship the same God.

Where did I accuse someone of being an Atheist or a Theist?

You accuse people of being pedantic and being obsessed with definitions, but you've displayed that yourself by repeatedly pointing to your dictionary agnostic.

The two opposing positions are Atheism and Theism, yes, agreed?

No. An atheist has an the absence of belief in the existence of God(that's why they are called atheist - or call themselves atheist). The term is a descriptive, used to label or identify.

Any position held by atheists, arising in opposition to theism, is secondary to atheism, not necessary.

And, of course, you are an atheist because you have an absence of belief in the existence God. Or are you saying you don't have an absence of belief in the existence of God?

That clears it all up, great.

You're an agnostic atheist.

And you are a simpleton but that does not come as any surprise. :)

In the above post I have acknowledged that there may well be a God/Creator just that I don't think it's one that the Earthly religions know of. So why am I not an Agnostic Theist?

Now, why don't you attempt to explain how you come to the above conclusion?

You need to explain how you have attached a word to another word that was invented for the purpose of differentiating it from that suffix.

You have produced an oxymoron.

And you are a simpleton but that does not come as any surprise. :)

In the above post I have acknowledged that there may well be a God/Creator just that I don't think it's one that the Earthly religions know of. So why am I not an Agnostic Theist?

Now, why don't you attempt to explain how you come to the above conclusion?

You need to explain how you have attached a word to another word that was invented for the purpose of differentiating it from that suffix.

You have produced an oxymoron.

Because you demonstrated that you lack the belief in gods, hence an agnostic atheist.

If you'd demonstrated a belief in gods you'd be an agnostic theist.

If everyone is honest, everyone is agnostic. Which really makes the label pointless.

Because you demonstrated that you lack the belief in gods, hence an agnostic atheist.

If everyone is honest, everyone is agnostic. Which really makes the label pointless.

No I am not as you well know snail boy , I am certainly not agnostic

You accuse people of being pedantic and being obsessed with definitions, but you've displayed that yourself by repeatedly pointing to your dictionary agnostic.

No. An atheist has an the absence of belief in the existence of God(that's why they are called atheist - or call themselves atheist). The term is a descriptive, used to label or identify.

Any position held by atheists, arising in opposition to theism, is secondary to atheism, not necessary.

And, of course, you are an atheist because you have an absence of belief in the existence God. Or are you saying you don't have an absence of belief in the existence of God?

Are you really that obtuse?

How many times do you need something explaining to you before it sinks in?

A = without. Theos = God. Atheist.

A = without. Gnosis = Knowledge. Agnostic.

They are two different words with two different meanings, do you understand that?

They are not interchangeable, and if you put them together you have an oxymoron as has just been pointed out.

In it's simplest commonly accepted definition Atheists do not believe in God, that is what the word itself states, and yes, I know there are nuances but they are irrelevant to this debate.

Therefore, they possess a belief that no God exists.

Agnostics on the other hand possess no such belief, they tell the truth, they have no knowledge either way.

That means the two views are contradictory and non compatible, to attempt to combine them shows a level of miscomprehension that is truly astounding.

I did not profess a belief in God(s) neither did I profess a belief in the absence of Gods.

As an Agnostic I neither believe nor disbelieve in the existence of God(s).

Therefore, as I don't disbelieve in the existence of God(s) I cannot be an Atheist.

On the other hand, I don't believe in the existence of God(s) so can't be a Theist.

And no not everyone is an agnostic I have met a number of religious believers over the years who possess unshakeable faith.

There are also committed Atheists who have no belief whatsoever.

And if 'everyone' is agnostic it wouldn't be meaningless would it?

It would be the defining word, and the others would be meaningless wouldn't they?