Heaven's eternity or eternal earthly wealth?

heaven or wealth?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. heaven or wealth?

• Wait for heaven
    • Give God the finger
    • other

In it's simplest commonly accepted definition Atheists do not believe in God, that is what the word itself states, and yes, I know there are nuances but they are irrelevant to this debate.

And atheists -those given or accepting the label - don't believe because they have no knowledge/awareness of God - or because the claims that such a being exists have failed to convince them.

Therefore, they possess a belief that no God exists.

Secondary to atheism, not necessary for atheism.

Well until you can provide evidence to support your claims, you're an agnostic theist as far as I'm concerned.

You should put you money where your mouth is and do some research talk to other Christians maybe go on an alpha course then you would know what Christians truly believe ,

And atheists -those given or accepting the label - don't believe because they have no knowledge/awareness of God - or because the claims that such a being exists have failed to convince them.

Secondary to atheism, not necessary for atheism.

You know that to be the case with all Atheists? I would imagine there may be various reasons why some people do not believe.

Richard Darwkins for instance probably doesn't believe there is a God because he believes he has looked at it rationally and came to the conclusion that on the balance of probabilities there is no God.

He's entitled to his opinion, but I am not convinced, and until he can provide proof I shall remain unconvinced.

Well ,it may be secondary to Atheism but it is completely incompatible with Agnosticism.

No knowledge means exactly that, and a belief either way, for or against, isn't included within the description.

Atheist and Theists hold views, they either favour belief in the existence of God or disbelief in the existence of God.

Agnostics hold neither of those views and cannot therefore be included in with either of the other two groups.

At least not by anyone who possess an ounce of logic or commonsense.

You know that to be the case with all Atheists?

Yes, all atheists have an absence of belief in the existence of God. It's the reason they are given or hold the atheist label. Any views that arise after or from that, are secondary and not necessary.

Richard Darwkins for instance probably doesn't believe there is a God because he believes he has looked at it rationally and came to the conclusion that on the balance of probabilities there is no God.

It's his absence of belief in the existence of God that makes him an atheist, how he came to it, if he wasn't always an atheist, is irrelevant.

Well ,it may be secondary to Atheism but it is completely incompatible with Agnosticism.

So lack of knowledge/awareness of an actual God, inevitably resulting in an absence of belief in the existence of an actual God, is incompatible with being: a=without, gnostic=knowledge. OK mate. Anything you say.

Edited by Ryedo40