Heaven's eternity or eternal earthly wealth?

heaven or wealth?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. heaven or wealth?

• Wait for heaven
    • Give God the finger
    • other

snail boy this is what the bible tells us ,do you know for a fact these animals mentioned aren't dinosaurs? if not what were they ?

Well I'm not making a claim that they are dinosaurs, the burden of proof is on you.

I believe that that particular verse you quoted has been used by some to indicate that dinosaurs are recorded in the Bible to fit with their world view. It is usually done by Creationists who take the Bible literally, especially Genesis.

Creationists will claim that the Earth is only 6000 years old and that dinosaurs were present at the same time as humans.

Do you believe the Earth is only 6000 years old?

(Job 40:15-19).

---------- Post added 20-01-2015 at 15:04 ----------

but not in line with the teaching of Jesus ! so how can it be the real gritty Christian faith ?

Who exactly say's it's not in line with the teachings of Jesus?

It wouldn't be those lying Heretics who arrived on the scene well over a thousand years after the event and started making things up to suit their own agenda would it?

Who exactly say's it's not in line with the teachings of Jesus?

It wouldn't be those lying Heretics who arrived on the scene well over a thousand years after the event and started making things up to suit their own agenda would it?

well the thing that I mentioned arent in the bible so where did they come from and no these are my own thoughts , My great grandmother was catholic but even she used to say don't listen to them fathers listen to Jesus , they are heretical. Jesus taught us to baptised in water , total immersion etc not being sprinkled with a bit of water on them !! Confession is between us a God not a man who can absorb our sins only Jesus did this by dieing for us ?

---------- Post added 20-01-2015 at 15:56 ----------

Well I'm not making a claim that they are dinosaurs, the burden of proof is on you.

I believe that that particular verse you quoted has been used by some to indicate that dinosaurs are recorded in the Bible to fit with their world view. It is usually done by Creationists who take the Bible literally, especially Genesis.

Creationists will claim that the Earth is only 6000 years old and that dinosaurs were present at the same time as humans.

I gave you the verse the same verse that was in another thread so why ask again snailboy?

---------- Post added 20-01-2015 at 15:57 ----------

Does anyone really know ??

Yep, probably to go for a few more decimal places.

Certainly not 6000 years, if you take a literal view of the Bible

Maybe maybe not but why do you feel the need to ask the same questions over and over ??

well the thing that I mentioned arent in the bible so where did they come from and no these are my own thoughts , My great grandmother was catholic but even she used to say don't listen to them fathers listen to Jesus , they are heretical. Jesus taught us to baptised in water , total immersion etc not being sprinkled with a bit of water on them !! Confession is between us a God not a man who can absorb our sins only Jesus did this by dieing for us ?

Teeny, John the Baptist was the one who introduced baptism and was doing it before even Christ was baptised. As for total immersion it's irrelevant and makes no difference to being sprinkled with a bit of water symbolically. However what does make the difference to a christian is that the sprinkling is that of Holy Water. That has enormous symbolism!

---------- Post added 20-01-2015 at 15:40 ----------

[/color]

Well that's just not true at all. There were loads of different denominations of Christians by the time of the crusades.

No there weren't. The arbiters of whether or not you were Christian was the Catholic church, or as it was called then the Christian Church.

The Crusades were carried out on the instructions of the Pope.

They were carried out against non Christians in order to convert or kill them.

There was a Crusade against the Cathars for instance who claimed to be Christian but were not.

The Cathars were Dualists they believed in two Gods which is completely against Christian teachings.

The Pope was acknowledged as the head of the original Christian church and any deviation from the teachings of that church were regarded as heresy and that was punishable by death.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CC0QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.medievalwarfare.info%2Fcrusades.htm&ei=bKa-VLj_I8bjavbhgPgG&usg=AFQjCNGELyJQ2tCEmMri7JGqEDHa90jYjA&cad=rja