Heaven's eternity or eternal earthly wealth?

heaven or wealth?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. heaven or wealth?

• Wait for heaven
    • Give God the finger
    • other

---------- Post added 23-01-2015 at 09:01 ----------

Sticks and stones :roll:

:o Surely not!

But surely it's all about words with you and your mates, isn't it?

It's all you ever blather on about.

Definitions,semantics,etymology nuance.

With any normal person I'd have agreed with the sticks and stones comment but with you, I believe I may have mortally wounded you. :hihi:

:o Surely not!

But surely it's all about words with you and your mates, isn't it?

It's all you ever blather on about.

Definitions,semantics,etymology nuance.

With any normal person I'd have agreed with the sticks and stones comment but with you, I believe I may have mortally wounded you. :hihi:

Yes, looking back over the past few pages, I have obviously suffered a crushing defeat (especially in post #283)

:roll:

---------- Post added 23-01-2015 at 10:29 ----------

I personally would get to know God here on earth as you wont get a chance at the gates to choose , the bible is clear on this subject !

Oh I didn't say wait until death

Edited by RootsBooster

Yes, looking back over the past few pages, I have obviously suffered a crushing defeat (especially in post #283)

:roll:

---------- Post added 23-01-2015 at 10:29 ----------

Well it's nice that you've finally seen the light.

For a while there I was beginning to think that you were that obtuse that you were going to continue to argue with someone who has clearly stated that he has no interest whatsoever in the subject at hand, has no regard for your point of view, believes that the answer will never be known and never asked for your interpretation in the first place, but loves a row.

Obviously, you would need to be completely stupid to continue the debate with someone who is amusing himself at your expense.

Thank God you came to your senses. :)

I see the "secular Christian" Richard Dawkins has been having a little regret about one of his book titles.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/hay-festival/10853648/Richard-Dawkins-I-am-a-secular-Christian.html

I read this article , It seems to me he feels something is missing in his life , he puts it down to missing parts out he is almost morning the loss of not knowing God ! You cannot be a secular Christian as you have God in all areas of your life , etc

Interestingly he also says humans are selfish which I tend to very much agree with.

What part of , I have no interest whatsoever in this totally ridiculous otiose subject, for which there will never be an answer, do you not understand?

The part where that's clearly a lie, as you've spent longer arguing about it than any other individual on here.

You're perfectly happy to argue about it when other people respond to your points, it's only when you come up against things to which you have no response that you resort to this 'I don't care and I'm not listening to you' childish nonsense.

I see the "secular Christian" Richard Dawkins has been having a little regret about one of his book titles.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/hay-festival/10853648/Richard-Dawkins-I-am-a-secular-Christian.html

One of the comments from the link said it best for me:

The fact that he also wastes time debating creationists (but will refuse to debate with an evolutionist theist) says it all. This intellectual joke has no real argument for his atheism other than using evolution and the bad actions of religion as red herrings and straw-men arguments. He's making a lot of cash though so I suppose he can't complain about the irony of having a religious following (consisting of mindless atheists).

I read this article , It seems to me he feels something is missing in his life , he puts it down to missing parts out he is almost morning the loss of not knowing God ! You cannot be a secular Christian as you have God in all areas of your life , etc

Interestingly he also says humans are selfish which I tend to very much agree with.

Wasn't baptised or raised Christian, I was able to make my own choices. I'm very much secular.

I don't have any gods in any areas of my life. Really enjoy looking at church architecture though.

The part where that's clearly a lie, as you've spent longer arguing about it than any other individual on here.

You're perfectly happy to argue about it when other people respond to your points, it's only when you come up against things to which you have no response that you resort to this 'I don't care and I'm not listening to you' childish nonsense.

You are aware that I was the one who deliberately started off the whole Agnostic/Atheist diversion for my own amusement aren't you?

After I'd had the courtesy to answer the OP obviously.

Check post 28 and 66 for proof of that statement.

Perhaps that, coupled with my admitted enjoyment of an argument might explain my number of posts?

What do you think? :)

You are aware that I was the one who deliberately started off the whole Agnostic/Atheist diversion for my own amusement aren't you?

After I'd had the courtesy to answer the OP obviously.

Check post 28 and 66 for proof of that statement.

Perhaps that, coupled with my admitted enjoyment of an argument might explain my number of posts?

What do you think? :)

Blimey, for someone supposedly enjoying it, you really did some corking rants with the usual smattering of personal insults.

As for the number of posts, narcissistic tendancies methinks.

Ps

Future reference: adding smilies after a rant looks doesn't automatically make it funny.