Heaven's eternity or eternal earthly wealth?

heaven or wealth?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. heaven or wealth?

• Wait for heaven
    • Give God the finger
    • other

Blimey, for someone supposedly enjoying it, you really did some corking rants with the usual smattering of personal insults.

As for the number of posts, narcissistic tendancies methinks.

Ps

Future reference: adding smilies after a rant looks doesn't automatically make it funny.

What part of the expression " I enjoy a row " are you having difficulty understanding?

As for insults my normal response to people who insult me is to insult them back.

I'm a counter puncher, be nice to me I'll be nice to you, show good manners and they will be respected.

As I explained, if someone had described what their views on religion were to me then I would accept them.

The opposite response was what happened on the first thread and we are now on the third with the same obsessives coming out with the same crap.

The first thread stopped after being ended by a mod following a near incandescent breakdown by one of the obsessed.

The second thread went the same way and I made no secret of the fact that I was taking the pee.

Despite which here we are again, I started it knowing exactly what kind of nonsense was going to be spouted and knowing virtually who was going to bite and what kind of drivel they would come out with.

So for me this is the expected outcome.

What about our little band of obsessives though?

There is a name for people who keep repeating the same course of action expecting a different result.

As for narcissistic tendencies how would you describe a person who is under the impression that they know how to define someone else's beliefs better than the person themselves?

As for smiley's they are not an indication of a joke so much as an indication of my mood when posting :hihi:

Understand now my little Cornu Aspersum?

What part of the expression " I enjoy a row " are you having difficulty understanding?

As for insults my normal response to people who insult me is to insult them back.

I'm a counter puncher, be nice to me I'll be nice to you, show good manners and they will be respected.

As I explained, if someone had described what their views on religion were to me then I would accept them.

The opposite response was what happened on the first thread and we are now on the third with the same obsessives coming out with the same crap.

The first thread stopped after being ended by a mod following a near incandescent breakdown by one of the obsessed.

The second thread went the same way and I made no secret of the fact that I was taking the pee.

Despite which here we are again, I started it knowing exactly what kind of nonsense was going to be spouted and knowing virtually who was going to bite and what kind of drivel they would come out with.

So for me this is the expected outcome.

What about our little band of obsessives though?

There is a name for people who keep repeating the same course of action expecting a different result.

As for narcissistic tendencies how would you describe a person who is under the impression that they know how to define someone else's beliefs better than the person themselves?

As for smiley's they are not an indication of a joke so much as an indication of my mood when posting :hihi:

Understand now my little Cornu Aspersum?

Thanks for proving my point.

Wasn't baptised or raised Christian, I was able to make my own choices. I'm very much secular.

I don't have any gods in any areas of my life. Really enjoy looking at church architecture though.

Churches aren't the building they are the people

Question: "What is the church?"

Answer: Many people today understand the church as a building. This is not a biblical understanding of the church. The word “church” comes from the Greek word ekklesia which is defined as “an assembly” or “called-out ones.” The root meaning of “church” is not that of a building, but of people. It is ironic that when you ask people what church they attend, they usually identify a building. Romans 16:5 says “… greet the church that is in their house.” Paul refers to the church in their house—not a church building, but a body of believers.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/what-is-the-church.html#ixzz3PfxZHbNk

Proved it again, well done you.

There is nothing like reaffirmation for those who are insecure and exhibit signs of over compensation for their perceived inadequacies.

I'm pleased to help you feel good about yourself, and don't you worry unduly that others may attribute your repetitive responses as a type of fingers in ears and la la la defence because of your lack of the ability to articulate.

I think your smashing and when you grow up I'm sure you'll be fine. :D

There is nothing like reaffirmation for those who are insecure and exhibit signs of over compensation for their perceived inadequacies.

I'm pleased to help you feel good about yourself, and don't you worry unduly that others may attribute your repetitive responses as a type of fingers in ears and la la la defence because of your lack of the ability to articulate.

I think your smashing and when you grow up I'm sure you'll be fine. :D

Third time's a charm.

---------- Post added 23-01-2015 at 20:00 ----------

Churches aren't the building they are the people

Question: "What is the church?"

Answer: Many people today understand the church as a building. This is not a biblical understanding of the church. The word “church” comes from the Greek word ekklesia which is defined as “an assembly” or “called-out ones.” The root meaning of “church” is not that of a building, but of people. It is ironic that when you ask people what church they attend, they usually identify a building. Romans 16:5 says “… greet the church that is in their house.” Paul refers to the church in their house—not a church building, but a body of believers.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/what-is-the-church.html#ixzz3PfxZHbNk

So what should I call the building formally known as a church.?

Third time's a charm.

---------- Post added 23-01-2015 at 20:00 ----------

Have you ever heard of the phrase 'Argumentum ad nauseam'?

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&sqi=2&ved=0CCsQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Frationalwiki.org%2Fwiki%2FArgumentum_ad_nauseam&ei=N6_CVN2-DbCX7QaR-IGYDg&usg=AFQjCNEBcVnmiAuMTjURsX7rq_Lc-C15Gg&bvm=bv.84349003,d.ZGU&cad=rja

---------- Post added 23-01-2015 at 20:38 ----------

Prefer the names Church, Cathedral, Abbey, Minster for architecture and history. Place of worship means nothing to me.

I blame the education system.