Heaven's eternity or eternal earthly wealth?

heaven or wealth?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. heaven or wealth?

• Wait for heaven
    • Give God the finger
    • other

And right there is your problem, you have no imagination, you lack intelligence and you believe that because you think something then it must be so because you think it, and you lack the sense to know that not everyone is as limited as you are.

No, that phrase does not apply to Atheists, an Atheist does not admit his failure to reach a definitive conclusion, an Atheist has decided that on the balance of probability he thinks he knows what the answer may be.

An Agnostic knows that he does not know.

You are obviously unable to see the difference,and yet it doesn't prevent you from blathering on.

Rootsbooster? You want me to accept what another Sophomania inclined mate of yours has to say?

Try this http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Finfidels.org%2Flibrary%2Fmodern%2Fmathew%2Fsn-huxley.html&ei=23XFVL76BePD7gauw4HAAg&usg=AFQjCNHsBe8nji8mli_7IWe50vZ6Y5aF7A&bvm=bv.84349003,d.ZGU&cad=rja

Those are his quotes, he specifically states that he wasn't comfortable with any of the existing descriptions which is why he came up with a different one.

In particular take note of the last paragraph which makes a nonsense out of the bit of your post that I have quoted above

Your lack of basic knowledge of just about anything is quite impressive.

They don't have Vicars plural in the Catholic Church that's a Protestant affectation.

There is only one Vicar in the Catholic Church, look it up.

As I pointed out I made a personal decision to leave the Church but applying logic to the issue, looking at it purely from an historic factual basis the Catholic church was the original, it was started by Jesus and continued under his instruction by the Apostles.

The Pope is the 266th successor to St Peter ,that is not in dispute even by other denominations of the Christian faith.

If I walked away from Catholicism what do you think my views are on other 'make it up as you go along' denominations?

If teeny truly believes in Christianity then she needs to take a long hard look at Catholicism, or at least hope that her/his God is not as vengeful and unforgiving as he/she has posted.

Killing your family members for believing something different is taking it a bit far in my view.

http://www.christianity.com/church/church-history/timeline/1-300/a-look-at-the-early-church-11629559.html

here is some church history , Jesus didn't start the Catholic church it was man , Christians for a good few years after Christ's death met in met in homes so I believe it was man who started the catholic church , Its is also noted from memory that the Greek orthodox church also claims to be the one true church and these 2 churches are to me where Christianity began but just because a church is claiming they are the one true church doesn't make it true, I have the greatest respect for true Christians who attend a catholic church , I was a nanny for a catholic family for many years we talked about faith , they all spoke of accepting Jesus into their lives , being Christian and following the teachings of Jesus , they also said that they felt some of the catholic teaching weren't in line with scripture , They are catholics living as chritians first they just happen to worship in a catholic church .

My bold

You're stating that as fact? Show the evidence that Jesus even existed.

As far as I'm aware there isn't any. No concern of mine I'm lapsed. There is however evidence of his followers who started the church and from whom the present Catholic Church is descended.

Other Christian church's accept this without too much trouble.

Not an argument I'm interested in, so look it up yourself if you're not happy with this response. :)

As far as I'm aware there isn't any. No concern of mine I'm lapsed. There is however evidence of his followers who started the church and from whom the present Catholic Church is descended.

Other Christian church's accept this without too much trouble.

Not an argument I'm interested in, so look it up yourself if you're not happy with this response. :)

I wasn't making the claim.

Do you have a good reason to believe that Jesus existed?

I wasn't making the claim.

Do you have a good reason to believe that Jesus existed?

You appear to have some kind of attention deficit syndrome, or comprehension disability.

What part of 'not an argument I'm interested in, so look it up yourself if you're not happy with this response' did you have difficulty understanding?

I didn't make the claim either, I simply pointed out something that is generally accepted to be so throughout the Christian Church.

Last comment from me on this subject, but do keep wittering on about other stuff to me should you wish to do so. :)

You appear to have some kind of attention deficit syndrome, or comprehension disability.

What part of 'not an argument I'm interested in, so look it up yourself if you're not happy with this response' did you have difficulty understanding?

I didn't make the claim either, I simply pointed out something that is generally accepted to be so throughout the Christian Church.

Last comment from me on this subject, but do keep wittering on about other stuff to me should you wish to do so. :)

Once again, please stop with the personal insults.

You were interested enough to post this claim

As I pointed out I made a personal decision to leave the Church but applying logic to the issue, looking at it purely from an historic factual basis the Catholic church was the original, it was started by Jesus and continued under his instruction by the Apostles.

I challenged it, asking you to provide evidence to support your claim, particually about Jesus.

Suddenly you're not interested?