Heaven's eternity or eternal earthly wealth?

heaven or wealth?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. heaven or wealth?

• Wait for heaven
    • Give God the finger
    • other

Why can't you understand that Undecided means just that.

Oh I do understand, just fine.

You seem to think that not believing means that you have decided to to believe in the opposite though, it doesn't.

A belief is a conviction, something you've been convinced of or accept to be true.

If you haven't decided then you do not have a belief.

Until or unless you decide, you do not have a belief.

With regards to non belief, absence of belief is not belief of absence.

Oh I do understand, just fine.

You seem to think that not believing means that you have decided to to believe in the opposite though, it doesn't.

A belief is a conviction, something you've been convinced of or accept to be true.

If you haven't decided then you do not have a belief.

Until or unless you decide, you do not have a belief.

With regards to non belief, absence of belief is not belief of absence.

Sorry but I think you are over complicating things and reaching the wrong conclusions. Really simple when you view it as below.

A Believer believes in God.

A Non Believer does not believe in God.

Undecided, have not made up their mind.

Why can't you understand that Undecided means just that.

Because it is binary, you either believe or you don't. In answer to the question do you believe there are only two answers, yes or no. Undecided falls into the no bracket. It really is that simple.

jb

---------- Post added 26-01-2015 at 16:47 ----------

Sorry but I think you are over complicating things and reaching the wrong conclusions. Really simple when you view it as below.

A Believer believes in God.

A Non Believer does not believe in God.

Undecided, have not made up their mind.

If you haven't made up your mind then you don't believe. It really is that simple.

jb

Because it is binary, you either believe or you don't. In answer to the question do you believe there are only two answers, yes or no. Undecided falls into the no bracket. It really is that simple.

jb

---------- Post added 26-01-2015 at 16:47 ----------

If you haven't made up your mind then you don't believe. It really is that simple.

jb

Most people would understand undecided to mean a person has not made up their mind one way or the other. Really simple and the accepted meaning of undecided.

What standard did you apply to know if your account of 30 years ago was accurate?

Because the incident which happened was so serious and made such an impact upon my life , I am never going to forget that , for sure

Most people would understand undecided to mean a person has not made up their mind one way or the other. Really simple and the accepted meaning of undecided.

I did warn you. :)

You are totally correct, most people would understand a straightforward commonsense logical statement.

In this case however, you are not dealing with most people, you are dealing with a group who apparently have a compulsive and obsessive need to debate this subject to an unhealthy degree.

They are the modern day equivalent of those middle age theologists discussing how many Angels can dance on the head of a pin.

My view is that they suffer from a certain amount of Sophomania but are harmless enough really, and we are doing the rest of the forum a service by engaging them on this post where they can't do too much damage. :)

I've sat through countless Masses, Benedictions and done stations of the cross plus recited Hail Marys til the cows came home. Even did a pilgrimage to Knock in County Mayo when I were a lad.

All to no avail, you and I are banjaxed I'm afraid. :(

You're giving up, just like that?

At least try repenting on your deathbed, like most atheists will.

As an aside, I've never Hail Mary'd 'til the cows come home; My maximum was three, after Miss Thompson wore that short skirt to school... :o

Edited by The Joker

I think you'll find he's an agnostic!

So technically not being a member of the anti Christ squad he shouldn't have as much last minute grovelling to perform:)

I did warn you. :)

You are totally correct, most people would understand a straightforward commonsense logical statement.

In this case however, you are not dealing with most people, you are dealing with a group who apparently have a compulsive and obsessive need to debate this subject to an unhealthy degree.

They are the modern day equivalent of those middle age theologists discussing how many Angels can dance on the head of a pin.

My view is that they suffer from a certain amount of Sophomania but are harmless enough really, and we are doing the rest of the forum a service by engaging them on this post where they can't do too much damage. :)

'Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against unpleasant impulses by denying their existence in themselves, while attributing them to others'

---------- Post added 26-01-2015 at 17:35 ----------

As an aside, I've never Hail Mary'd 'til the cows come home; My maximum was three, after Miss Thompson wore that short skirt to school... :o

You actually believe that?