Heaven's eternity or eternal earthly wealth?

heaven or wealth?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. heaven or wealth?

• Wait for heaven
    • Give God the finger
    • other

Snailyboy.

What part of the above previous post of mine lead you to come out with;

'Science moves forward and evaluates new evidence and refines, why do you see that as a negative?'

You don't appear to be able to see anything which doesn't fit in with your mindset, alternatively maybe you've been drinking.

Changing from all white swans to existence black swans, evaluating new evidence, reaching a consensus. Maybe you appear to be contradicting yourself.

While we're on the subject of questions.

What's with your obsession of needing to know everything?

Changing from all white swans to existence black swans, evaluating new evidence, reaching a consensus. Maybe you appear to be contradicting yourself.

While we're on the subject of questions.

What's with your obsession of needing to know everything?

As much as it would be nice to know everything it isn't going to happen, therefore I accept that as a fact of life.

However, before I am prepared to make a commitment to a point of view/belief I need to know the facts, if the facts are not available I am not prepared to take a guess, and therefore choose to remain noncommittal.

Seems the sensible option in my view, and as my views the only one that matters when deciding what I should do on this subject then that's the way it is.

Now, please explain how you came to question my attitude to science when I had made it quite plain that I admire science and it's ongoing attempt to establish facts.

As much as it would be nice to know everything it isn't going to happen, therefore I accept that as a fact of life.

However, before I am prepared to make a commitment to a point of view/belief I need to know the facts, if the facts are not available I am not prepared to take a guess, and therefore choose to remain noncommittal.

Seems the sensible option in my view, and as my views the only one that matters when deciding what I should do on this subject then that's the way it is.

Now, please explain how you came to question my attitude to science when I had made it quite plain that I admire science and it's ongoing attempt to establish facts.

Yet you're non committal on evolution despite the evidence, what are you expected to guess about?

Yet you're non committal on evolution despite the evidence, what are you expected to guess about?

Darwin published his book 'On the origin of species by means of natural selection' in 1859.

This man was born in 1894, he was just as intelligent - probably a lot more so - than Darwin and he didn't allow Darwin's proof of evolution effect either his scientific work nor his religious belief.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&sqi=2&ved=0CCcQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amnh.org%2Feducation%2Fresources%2Frfl%2Fweb%2Fessaybooks%2Fcosmic%2Fp_lemaitre.html&ei=G-vHVLm-HJT77AaHp4HQDQ&usg=AFQjCNHEx8ScEwXZwrpWJidVLTfalGH9wQ&cad=rja

So what do you think evolution has got to do with religion?

Darwin published his book 'On the origin of species by means of natural selection' in 1859.

This man was born in 1894, he was just as intelligent - probably a lot more so - than Darwin and he didn't allow Darwin's proof of evolution effect either his scientific work nor his religious belief.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&sqi=2&ved=0CCcQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amnh.org%2Feducation%2Fresources%2Frfl%2Fweb%2Fessaybooks%2Fcosmic%2Fp_lemaitre.html&ei=G-vHVLm-HJT77AaHp4HQDQ&usg=AFQjCNHEx8ScEwXZwrpWJidVLTfalGH9wQ&cad=rja

So what do you think evolution has got to do with religion?

I don't think religion has anything to do with evolution, however because evolution conflicts with (some) religious word views those concerned set out to debunk it. One of your posted links being a prime example.

http://www.truthinscience.org.uk/tis2/index.php/faqs-mainmenu-54.html

I don't think religion has anything to do with evolution, however because evolution conflicts with (some) religious word views those concerned set out to debunk it. One of your posted links being a prime example.

http://www.truthinscience.org.uk/tis2/index.php/faqs-mainmenu-54.html

The only way I think it conflicts with religion is that it would support my theory ( not in the scientific sense of theory :) ) that any Creator would be so far removed from our intellectual level that we are reduced to holding the same - or probably less - interest to any God as insects have to us.

Doesn't go along with the hubristic notion that 'we are special unto God'.

Also doesn't prove the non existence of a God either.

The comment wasn't about comparing a meal with belief it was about being undecided.

Looks like it kinda backfired on you then

If you're undecided you have no views one way or the other and people shouldn't assume that you have until you make your mind up, or spin a coin.

We're in agreement on that one aren't we?

Of course. An absence of belief is not a belief or a view itself, we're agreed on that one aren't we?

The only way I think it conflicts with religion is that it would support my theory ( not in the scientific sense of theory :) ) that any Creator would be so far removed from our intellectual level that we are reduced to holding the same - or probably less - interest to any God as insects have to us.

Doesn't go along with the hubristic notion that 'we are special unto God'.

Also doesn't prove the non existence of a God either.

In that case, what's the point of even considering it?

Looks like it kinda backfired on you thenOf course. An absence of belief is not a belief or a view itself, we're agreed on that one aren't we?

Well, it could be argued that an absence of belief has come about only after some consideration has been given to the idea of belief couldn't it?

Giving no thought whatsoever to something would simply mean you hadn't thought of it, you weren't aware of it's existence, you wouldn't use it as a description of your position.

Therefore, if you wish to be described as having an absence of belief - particularly if you try to claim it is part of the definition of what you are - then it is a view that you have arrived at.