Heaven's eternity or eternal earthly wealth?

heaven or wealth?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. heaven or wealth?

• Wait for heaven
    • Give God the finger
    • other

So he wasn't introduced to Christianity at a young age?

No he wasn't , like my parents my daughter has never pushed her faith , he read that himself and made that choice , he isn't pushed to go to church , ( my daughter is adopted from Bulawayo ) he is a perfectly normal childhood , goes to one of the best schools in Bulawayo , is above average intelligence , studies well and makes his own choices which is what I did at an earlier age .

He says if grown ups cant see God they need God spectacles !! He says unless you actually stop debating with words you will never see the truth which God intends us to know

That still doesn't really answer the question but I won't press any further.

It sounds almost as though he's never met an atheist (or an agnostic for that matter).

That still doesn't really answer the question but I won't press any further.

It sounds almost as though he's never met an atheist (or an agnostic for that matter).

He is an 8 year old boy who thinks like an 8 year old boy , yes in his society going to church is very much part of life but he has been allowed to see Gods love because he is open to change he is good ground ( his words)

If you're honest with yourself, you're an agnostic too.

I don't think I've ever met anyone who has a faith that hasn't asked the question at some time or perhaps had times of doubt! I would actually be slightly concerned by some one with blind uncompromising faith be they religious fundamentalists that corrupt to their own agenda or militant atheists that lessen the human being, to me there both equally as dangerous to mankind. I feel you gain more by searching. It's one of the reasons I can understand agnosticism and the motive that drives that state. However It doesn't change the fact that I do have a faith which inevitably is personal to me and I don't have to prove it to anyone. I wouldn't and couldn't expect you to be the same. One of the things that never ceases to surprise me though is the number of Atheist's that spend so much time debating the presence of God and are then bothered by the standpoint of others if it's different to there belief in their pointless finite. I seem to remember an old saying somewhere that "many are called, few are chosen". So I beg your pardon for using a public transport analogy for this but this is how I see it! It's inevitable that there will always be people who don't know the right stop to get off at! What's really sad is we're not on the circular our bus say's terminus on the front and like it or not we're all paying passengers!

He is an 8 year old boy who thinks like an 8 year old boy , yes in his society going to church is very much part of life but he has been allowed to see Gods love because he is open to change he is good ground ( his words)

Has he ever met anyone who doesn't believe?