Heaven's eternity or eternal earthly wealth?

heaven or wealth?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. heaven or wealth?

• Wait for heaven
    • Give God the finger
    • other

So unless you actually know the facts of something you never give an opinion about it?

Presumably we'll be seeing less of you on here then will we? :)

You were the one who decided to pick up on the 'truth' point but now you've suddenly realized that you've made a bit of a fool out of yourself you come up with the pathetic' I can't answer because I've backed myself into a corner routine'.

Hazard a guess, you're the one who loves to nit pick about the definition of words, so go for it.

You know the definition of both belief and religion, you also know the definition of faith, so what do you think a person of religious belief has faith in?

Check the OED definition of true, then come back.

---------- Post added 14-01-2015 at 19:02 ----------

No It doesn't because God still love them

---------- Post added 14-01-2015 at 18:55 ----------

Dont worry snailboy likesto play with words and try to confuse what you are saying !!!

And in the real world, your belief system discriminates.

Check the OED definition of true, then come back.

---------- Post added 14-01-2015 at 19:02 ----------

You are very good at wiggling to say you're a snail.

I asked you first to do a very simple thing, using your knowledge of the words belief,religion and faith please tell me what you think people of faith have faith in?

If it isn't that they have faith that their religious believe is true, then what exactly is it that they are having faith in?

Unless you are able to come up with a reasonable acceptable alternative then my contention that they have faith that their religious belief is true would appear to be correct wouldn't it?

So what exactly do you think they are expressing faith in?

And don't try to deflect by coming back with another inane question, you have been asked a straightforward uncomplicated question, please answer it.

You are very good at wiggling to say you're a snail.

I asked you first to do a very simple thing, using your knowledge of the words belief,religion and faith please tell me what you think people of faith have faith in?

If it isn't that they have faith that their religious believe is true, then what exactly is it that they are having faith in?

Unless you are able to come up with a reasonable acceptable alternative then my contention that they have faith that their religious belief is true would appear to be correct wouldn't it?

So what exactly do you think they are expressing faith in?

And don't try to deflect by coming back with another inane question, you have been asked a straightforward uncomplicated question, please answer it.

Yep you win the Internet. This has the Atheist /Agnostic thread campaign written all over it.

Yep you win the Internet. This has the Atheist /Agnostic thread campaign written all over it.

So you can't answer the question then?

Of course you can't, trying to be clever - and failing miserably - you got yourself into a right old pickle there, didn't you Snailyboy? :)

So you can't answer the question then?

Of course you can't, trying to be clever - and failing miserably - you got yourself into a right old pickle there, didn't you Snailyboy? :)

Yep, you got me bang to rights. You're the King of the Forum. *

*Actually, on past experiences with your good self, life really is too short.

Yep, you got me bang to rights. You're the King of the Forum. *

*Actually, on past experiences with your good self, life really is too short.

And yet you apparently didn't learn anything from the experience did you? :)

Thanks for reminding me about the agnostic/atheist nonsense, it was quite amusing.

I never did get any of those arguing to explain why, out of all the words defined in the English dictionary only one uniquely couldn't - according to them - be used on it's own.

Despite no reference to that requirement in any dictionary they kept on insisting that either a prefix or suffix was required to go with that particular word.

Obviously those people were wasting their time on this forum, with that kind of unique knowledge they should be making a fortune on the lecture circuit.

Perhaps that's where they are, because most of them have disappeared since then.

Occasionally, for my own amusement I include the magic word to see if any of them are lurking, I did it on post 28 of this thread but no takers. :)

Incidentally, I'm a republican so thanks for the accolade but I can't accept the title. :)

And yet you apparently didn't learn anything from the experience did you? :)

Thanks for reminding me about the agnostic/atheist nonsense, it was quite amusing.

I never did get any of those arguing to explain why, out of all the words defined in the English dictionary only one uniquely couldn't - according to them - be used on it's own.

Despite no reference to that requirement in any dictionary they kept on insisting that either a prefix or suffix was required to go with that particular word.

Obviously those people were wasting their time on this forum, with that kind of unique knowledge they should be making a fortune on the lecture circuit.

Perhaps that's where they are, because most of them have disappeared since then.

Occasionally, for my own amusement I include the magic word to see if any of them are lurking, I did it on post 28 of this thread but no takers. :)

Incidentally, I'm a republican so thanks for the accolade but I can't accept the title. :)

I noticed, fortunately the context didn't require elaboration on your belief, or lack thereof.

jb

I noticed, fortunately the context didn't require elaboration on your belief, or lack thereof.

jb

Didn't it indeed?

Well I'm so pleased about that, as for some reason I do tend to get a little irritated with people who claim to know more about what a person believes or doesn't believe,than the person themselves.

They tend also to be the people who claim to know the definition of words better than the compilers of dictionaries.

As you say, fortunate, we dodged a bullet on that one. :)

In 1990, during an operation to remove my gall bladder, I had a cardiac arrest which lasted five minutes. They got my heart going again with massive chest punches. During that time I experienced walking down a long passage toward two women, one was my mother, and the other was my late wife who died in a car crash in 1979. My wife was crying and my mother making gestures to go back. No words were spoken. Most of what happened in the hospital that week is a mental blankl. But I can still put that experience to mind as if it happened yesterday. I'm not rying to convince anyone about the afterlife or religion in any way. But it happened and gave me a bit of hope which I had not before.

Edited by buck

In 1990, during an operation to remove my gall bladder, I had a cardiac arrest which lasted five minutes. They got my heart going again with massive chest punches. During that time I experienced walking down a long passage toward two women, one was my mother, and the other was my late wife who died in a car crash in 1979. My wife was crying and my mother making gestures to go back. No words were spoken. Most of what happened in the hospital that week is a mental blankl. But I can still put that experience to mind as if it happened yesterday. I'm not rying to convince anyone about the afterlife or religion in any way. But it happened and gave me a bit of hope which I had not before.

So what's your answer to the question in the OP?