WhatsApp, iMessage and Snapchat facing ban

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/551638/WhatsApp-iMessage-and-Snapchat-UK-ban

I the wake of the Paris shootings, David Cameron has said that all forms of encrypted messaging should be banned, saying "In our country, do we want to allow a means of communication between people which we cannot read?

"My answer to that question is no we must not"

Do you agree with this?

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/551638/WhatsApp-iMessage-and-Snapchat-UK-ban

I the wake of the Paris shootings, David Cameron has said that all forms of encrypted messaging should be banned, saying "In our country, do we want to allow a means of communication between people which we cannot read?

Do you agree with this?

Yes wholeheartedly

The government using the French shootings as an excuse to introduce mass surveillance of the general public? Really? I'd never have expected that :rolleyes:

"The Prime Minister explained: “In our country, do we want to allow a means of communication between people which we cannot read?"

What next,compulsory microphones in the house?

Well, if you have nothing to hide, etc etc.

---------- Post added 13-01-2015 at 12:20 ----------

The government using the French shootings as an excuse to introduce mass surveillance of the general public? Really? I'd never have expected that :rolleyes:

Yeah, you would! :hihi:

---------- Post added 13-01-2015 at 12:21 ----------

.............Why?

Maybe you would like to see us all wearing Gps tags just incase one of us does something stupid?

Punishing the many for the sins of the few is very popular in political circles.

Do you agree with this?

What a moron was my response on facebook when someone posted the same story.

And I still think it expresses quite well my contempt for the idea and the idiocy of the person who's proposed it.