WhatsApp, iMessage and Snapchat facing ban

Well, if you have nothing to hide, etc etc.

---------- Post added 13-01-2015 at 12:20 ----------

Yeah, you would! :hihi:

---------- Post added 13-01-2015 at 12:21 ----------

Punishing the many for the sins of the few is very popular in political circles.

So do explain to us how banning whatsapp would have changed the events in france or anywhere else?

The fact is is you believe whats been reported ,then they already knew these men were off the rails, yet they admitted you cant put everyone on 24 hour surveillance.

if you want to give up your rights and freedoms under misguided reasons,crack on,but do you think it would stop nut cases?Of course it wont.

The only way you can deal with your enemys is to look at why they are your enemy.Something UKIP has addressed.

and lastly im sure I heard Cameroon telling us all in a speech a few days ago they wont win in affecting our freedoms.

what he didn't say is no the terrorists wont take our freedoms but he will be happy to,in their name!

---------- Post added 13-01-2015 at 12:38 ----------

---------- Post added 13-01-2015 at 12:41 ----------

seems to be posts going missing from this thread!

Edited by Xt500

if you want to give up your rights and freedoms under misguided reasons,crack on

Sorry I didn't make myself clear. I was being sarcastic. I don't believe in the "If you have nothing to hide" mantra and I agree that politicians are willing to remove our freedoms on the grounds that they are 'defending' us.

Sorry I didn't make myself clear. I was being sarcastic. I don't believe in the "If you have nothing to hide" mantra and I agree that politicians are willing to remove our freedoms on the grounds that they are 'defending' us.

maybe I didn't read it right...

---------- Post added 13-01-2015 at 12:49 ----------

If the public have to give up private messaging does that mean we get a fair and un-corrupt government in return??

The only way you will get that is by voting UKIP.We already know that voting for the rest is a vote to get even more of the same.

There are so many ways of staying fairly anonymous on the internet , mobile phones etc. For example Unregistered pay as you go phones can be used with a proxy sever to access the internet . There are many ways people can make it extremely difficult for their internet use to be traced.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/11339362/David-Cameron-to-push-for-more-surveillance-powers-against-Islamist-death-cult.html

Over 3 million people on the streets of Paris including Cameron and co telling terrorists and co we will not be defeated and you will not take away our freedoms. Cameron's solution is to curtail more of our freedoms and snoop on us more to stop terrorists doing it!

The only way you will get that is by voting UKIP. We already know that voting for the rest is a vote to get even more of the same.

Brilliant. You actually think UKIP are any different to any other political party. Just how naive are you?

Re the original discussion, this is all encryption so that's not just messaging, it's anything using a secure connection.

Brilliant. You actually think UKIP are any different to any other political party. Just how naive are you?

Re the original discussion, this is all encryption so that's not just messaging, it's anything using a secure connection.

was there some info in there or just insults?

Yes I do,naive im not.There is only one party that WANTS out of the EU isnt there,or did i miss understand it? That to me makes one party very very different!

---------- Post added 13-01-2015 at 21:52 ----------

There are so many ways of staying fairly anonymous on the internet , mobile phones etc. For example Unregistered pay as you go phones can be used with a proxy sever to access the internet . There are many ways people can make it extremely difficult for their internet use to be traced.

And anyone that really wanted to stay hidden could easily stay that way.THe reality though according to the BBC is terrorists go out to shoot wearing balaclavas yet leave their id card in the car lol.

You couldnt make it up,erm hang on.........

And anyone that really wanted to stay hidden could easily stay that way.THe reality though according to the BBC is terrorists go out to shoot wearing balaclavas yet leave their id card in the car lol.

You couldnt make it up,erm hang on.........

If you're after martyrdom you want to make sure you get the credit.

There will be new options for secure comms coming out by the bucket load. Complete and pathetic over-reaction by a prime-minister who is far more interested in harping on about 'freedom' than actually providing it.

I would say it is the first step to a police state, but it is actually the ten-thousand somethingest step.