Shock Horror! A thread to PRAISE Veolia!

So not only did you pay 92.3% more per item than me, you then had to use your own petrol following him to the tip, wear and tear on the car, the cost of your own time as well.

I wonder who got the better deal: me or you? :hihi:

Nah, i go past the tip on way home from the house i had sofa moved from ,so not out of my way at all. :)

If you are a council tenant you can have one free removal of the objects once a year.When I cleared out my brothers house they took away 14 large items for, I think it was something like, £30-00.

Sounds to me like some savings are ripe to be made here. How is it that one can get free services just for being a council tennant?

Sounds to me like some savings are ripe to be made here. How is it that one can get free services just for being a council tennant?

Because it isn't free it's in with their rent and is cheaper than allowing them to be fly tipped the vast majority of tenants would use it maybe twice a year so no savings to be made really.

Also the time frame is longer than those who pay approx 7 days

Yep , i followed him down to give him a lift off and help him carry them into the tip

so as well as using your car and your time you did the lifting too? You could have injured yourself meaning time off from kicking tenants and cyclists.

Hardly the bargain of the year was it?

so as well as using your car and your time you did the lifting too? You could have injured yourself meaning time off from kicking tenants and cyclists.

Hardly the bargain of the year was it?

As ive already said i go past the dump on my way home ,so issue , or going out of my way . And if we all listened to the health and safety police and never lifted owt the world would grind to a halt.

Assuming Penistone lives in Barnsley, his local council could have removed NINE items from him for the cost he had two removed!

https://www.barnsley.gov.uk/services/environment-and-planning/waste-and-recycling/request-collection-of-large-items

And even if they count a sofa as four items, it still would have been cheaper.

And no trip to the tip or strain on his back needed ;)

Assuming Penistone lives in Barnsley, his local council could have removed NINE items from him for the cost he had two removed!

https://www.barnsley.gov.uk/services/environment-and-planning/waste-and-recycling/request-collection-of-large-items

And even if they count a sofa as four items, it still would have been cheaper.

And no trip to the tip or strain on his back needed ;)

aye, but he's never wrong. It's the thick skin ;)

Viola would have sent 2 men to do the work. His guy works alone and the customer acts as the second guy doing the lifting and getting scruffed up, hence the cheaper cost. Still he saved himself a fiver, so all is good.

aye, but he's never wrong. It's the thick skin ;)

Viola would have sent 2 men to do the work. His guy works alone and the customer acts as the second guy doing the lifting and getting scruffed up, hence the cheaper cost. Still he saved himself a fiver, so all is good.

he hasnt saved himself a fiver at all, given the costs on the Barnsley Council website he has paid over the odds :D