Can you be a member of 2 political parties?

Very few people I know strongly support every policy any political party holds. It therefore makes sense to support them on some policies but oppose others.

For example - I strongly support UKIP's stance on leaving the fascist EU, but strongly oppose them wanting to privatise the NHS.

I also strongly support the Greens housing / taxation policy - The Land Value Tax, explained here >

And I also very strongly support the Greens policy of eradicating our Social Security benefits system and replacing it with a Citizens Income >

but I strongly oppose The Greens policies on criminalising motorists.

As i understand it, membership of one party precludes you from membership of another.

For example, I am a member of the Green Party.

I believe that means I am not allowed to hold another membership with another party, eg, the Labour party, or the lib-dems.

Very few people I know strongly support every policy any political party holds. It therefore makes sense to support them on some policies but oppose others.

For example - I strongly support UKIP's stance on leaving the fascist EU, but strongly oppose them wanting to privatise the NHS.

I also strongly support the Greens housing / taxation policy - The Land Value Tax, explained here >

And I also very strongly support the Greens policy of eradicating our Social Security benefits system and replacing it with a Citizens Income >

why do people keep banging on about UKIP privatising the NHS?

The NHS is ALREADY being privatised in many ways.folk wanting operations can and are now jumping the queues by paying.

It really doesnt matter who gets in its overloaded and unless the numbers requiring its service reduces then its doomed.

The only party that ive heard speak of reducing demand is UKIP but nothing or nobody is going to save the NHS as we know it,its already too late.

"The value of public sector contracts has shot up from £9.6 billion in 2008 to £20.4 billion in 2012. It could hit £101 billion by 2014/15.

The public don't want it. Sixty-six per cent of adults think it is unacceptable for shareholders to run hospitals, children's homes or police services for profit. That's why the NHS reforms weren't presented to the electorate before the general election. That's why they were later published without their beating heart – the secondary Section 75 legislation."

http://www.politics.co.uk/comment-analysis/2013/04/18/comment-the-conspiracy-to-privatise-the-nhs

Yes you can. Many people in parliament are members of the COOP party and Labour party.

I think the Co-Operative party are quite different. It is effectively part of the Labour party.

From their own website

http://party.coop/about/

As the political party of the co-operative movement, we work in partnership with the Labour Party to achieve these aims.

The EU is not a fascist state or entity, in fact it is far from it. It is clear you do not know what the word fascist means.

As i understand it, membership of one party precludes you from membership of another.

For example, I am a member of the Green Party.

I believe that means I am not allowed to hold another membership with another party, eg, the Labour party, or the lib-dems.

Perhaps it's a case of what they don't know won't hurt them. I suspect you can be a member of more than one political party but if both parties don't vote the same policies it calls into question a conflict of interests and personal integrity. If both parties are the same and develop the same policies what’s the point in having two parties?