Mis judged by employer's

I wouldn't employ anyone that hasn't worked for 13yrs over someone who has been working and has experience. IF I did, it would purely be because that person bowled me over with their attitude and personality.

But she has worked and the work she did was very likley much harder and more diverse than someone in paid employment.

Just because you have children doesn't mean you can't work! why not work part time whilst raising children? This means you are flexible for your children's needs and also means you keep your experience topped up for future potential jobs.

That's right you could employ a child minder, but ultimately someone has to care for them.

Whilst I absolutely agree that looking after kids feels like a full time job, in reality it isn't. It doesn't bring in the money and when all is said and done you've lost out on experience in the working world and then this happens, it's difficult to get a job.

I agree it does not bring in money, but it does save you spending money on child care, it means you have more quality time with your kids, and how many hours you spend cleaning, and caring for the kids rather depends on how many hours you want to spend cleaning, and caring for the kids, everyone is different so what you deem to be enough time might no be enough time for someone else.

Edited by anfisa

But she has worked and the work she did was very likley much harder and more diverse than someone in paid employment.

Lots (most?) of people in paid employment have kids...so they're doing a "normal" job and looking after kids/cleaning the house etcetc as well...