Sheffield Ghost Stories & Sightings

Ive had a few incidents that have scared me, 1st was my partner cam down in middle of night to feed the little one when she said she saw a lady sat on the sofa in our old house just looking at her, i have never seen some one so scared in my life.

Another was myself working away in cardiff and lodging in a guest house, i was having a sneaky pee round the side while outside having a cig with one on my work mates, i swear no i heard strong footsteps coming towards me so u pulled up walked round to my mate and said ' ive just been caught lol, but then no one came from anywhere and it was the only way out, which was when my pal said i looked like id seen a ghost, i generally shat my pants

• 11 months later...
i shouldnt be reading this thread im never going to sleep again haha!

anyways when i was 17 i worked at swfc in the offices and on reception, sometimes i used to work in the ticket office if it was busy. there was this woman in there who used to see things all the time, bearing in mind the new ticket office was built on the site of the old sports hall.

anyway this woman used to see people walking through the wall between the ticket off and the sports hall, and used to fall over things on the floor that werent there. it got so bad in the end, not just in the ticket off but in the sports centre and in the away stand that they ended up calling the preist guy in to exorcise it or whatever they do. it actually made news in one on the daily papers at the time.

its was seriously disturbing and i hated walking anywhere in the ground on my own :(

That was just Ghosts of Blades Past trying to scare the crowds away :rolleyes:

A couple of weeks ago two lads I work with were travelling to work around 05.45am. As they drove through Beeley Wood at Hillsbough they encountered a white shape travelling above the ground that moved of in to the trees. The inside of the car went cold, the ' hairs stood up on the back of their necks' as one of them put it,they did not say anything to each other until they pulled up in the car park.

One said " I take it you saw that as well ? "

The other chap , who is usually quite chatty replied " Yes, but I did not want to say anything because I thought you might think I am cracking up ! " :shocked:

There have been other sightings over the years but I have not seen anything.

Iv never seen a ghost before, but I do have a story that my nan told me a few years ago, which i havent shared with anyone until now:

My nan lives in gleadless valley, on blackstock drive, and before she retired, she worked at the nearby Norton Oaks Cricket Club One of her jobs was to cleen the main room after closing time at 11pm. The main room was joined to the 'green room' by a double bar. Whilst cleaning the bar surface, she saw a man in the corner of the 'green room', which was strange as only staff were in the building at the time.

I dont know much more about this, but if anyone else has had, or herd of any paranormal activity in the Norton Oaks Cricket club, then id love to know your storys!

Iv never seen a ghost before, but I do have a story that my nan told me a few years ago, which i havent shared with anyone until now:

My nan lives in gleadless valley, on blackstock drive, and before she retired, she worked at the nearby Norton Oaks Cricket Club One of her jobs was to cleen the main room after closing time at 11pm. The main room was joined to the 'green room' by a double bar. Whilst cleaning the bar surface, she saw a man in the corner of the 'green room', which was strange as only staff were in the building at the time.

I dont know much more about this, but if anyone else has had, or herd of any paranormal activity in the Norton Oaks Cricket club, then id love to know your storys!

when i was a child i moved into a flat with my mum and brother and sister, bard street park the flat became empty by the tenant which was our next door neighbours brother had passed away in there,so his old furniture were left in for if we wanted it,we did as my mother a single parent in them days was grateful of what you were offerd,the day we moved in my family moved all the furniture around in the room,we went shopping we came back and all the furniture was back in the original place,then we got a kitten it died the same day we had around 4 kittens in a week and they wouldnt survive then on a saturday morning around 3 days after the last kitten died i was in the bedroom with my sister, we heard the door my sister thought it was me banging on the wall,when my sister went 2 the door no1 was there but big claw marks in the door,then other weird happenings sitting in the toilet and hands touching your shoulder and no1 there,1 day my older sister sitting in the chair when suddenly decided to stand up for no reason and the gilt framed mirror on the wall fell from the wall and instead of falling to the floor went across hitting back of the chair,if my sister hadnt moved a second earlier she would have been seriously hurt my brothers mate used to sleep aged 17 he were scared to go in the bedroom alone,more things happened another friend threw himself out of the window and we lived next to top but he did survive,my mum asked our neighbour what could be happening,we found out the brother who lived in our home never married never liked children or pets we moved across to a different flat after around 4 years ,but still had this flat in view, a mother and baby moved in to it she lasted a few weeks and left screaming in the end they had to have a priest or whoever they are in as no1 would live there for any length of time the flats were eventually demolished. Edited by me to you
spelling mistakes

This thread is very interesting, i have had a few sightings:

1. in my own house

2. in my brothers house

3. on the strines

4.stubbing house lane (Just off Jawbone hill)

5.In an old peoples home (in toddwick) derelict at the time. Got a picture too!

If anyone would like me to go into detail just let me know or if anyone has had any simular sightings in these locations let me know.

This stuff really fascinates me :)