Sheffield Ghost Stories & Sightings

Originally posted by paranormalst

Funny but you say why am I secretive when you claim to work for a government department but won't tell me your name. Besides which as you should know the governement keep an eye on the internet so I hope for your sake you just haven't lost yourself your job for disclosing this fact.

That apart I have spoken to the other Co-founders and we would like to invite you along to one of our investigations.

Please drop us an e-mail to enquiries@cotcpi.co.uk so we can let you know details etc...

Regards

Stuart

I don't work for a government agency. It was a joke, because science and governments gave up looking in to this clap trap years ago. Most people who still believe, or want people to believe, have to come up with some sort of conspiracy theory to counteract this fact.. and the fact that these trends and fads (aliens with bug eyes, ghosts and now orbs) all coincide with cultural effects, like films, books and radio. That's when the public start seeing these things for themselves. It's just a function of the brain, you see something, your brain cannot make sense of it, and it fills in the gaps. There has been no corroborated proof, non what so ever of any of these paranormal things existing, but there is are so many that have been show to be faked. You have to ask yourself why, and it isn't the government and science covering it up.

Tony, do you have a bigger picture? What kind of Camera was it taken on (make/model)? I took a quick look and it's hard to tell. There is a vertical line of white highlights running almost directly down from the "orb", which could point to a flash effect. But I would need more details and a bigger version of the image to tell.

Here is a good example how the human eye can be fooled by photos...

http://www.nasa.gov/vision/space/travelinginspace/no_ufo.html

If anybody is looking for *truly* skeptical reasoning being something they have seen or photoed, that they cannot understand, try this site. They are *real* scientists (scientist who don't have a problem talking about their methods), world leading scientists, they don't look at individual cases, but all the info you need is there in the archives.

http://www.csicop.org/si/

Jeez Back2basics! I thought ghostly phenomenon was confusing! the way you talk about camera lenses and all these other gadgets is really rather tiresome & uninteresting.

Can't you just let people talk about a subject without showing off your brainiac skills of deduction ( which to tell you the truth, I personally think is a load of old womens pants ).

Right back to the original thread - Has anybody had any supernatural experiences in Sheffield?

The camera was a Sony DSC-P1. The face really needs highlighting, but of course it's all very subjective. If I get a chance I will run a copy through Photoshop for guidance.

Yo can get a full size copy from the website if you click the right links.

Still not heard anything from paranormalist.

Originally posted by Lestat

Jeez Back2basics! I thought ghostly phenomenon was confusing! the way you talk about camera lenses and all these other gadgets is really rather tiresome & uninteresting.

Can't you just let people talk about a subject without showing off your brainiac skills of deduction ( which to tell you the truth, I personally think is a load of old womens pants ).

Right back to the original thread - Has anybody had any supernatural experiences in Sheffield?

Borning maybe, but why waste your time with lies? It seems your actually saying ignorance is bliss, and i am happy to be ignorant?

Somebody said earlier that they love hanging round grave yards, it's exiting and fun. I still get scared and enjoy that feeling (roller coasters, jumping out of planes etc).

But being self delusional doesn't help you or anybody.

The problem is that all this crap together, is actually doing harm in the world. Every scientist looking in to this crap, could better spend his time looking for a cure for cancer. Every person putting these things forward as fact, is adding to this myth that there are things we do not understand, giving creedance to all this crap helps nobody but the fakers.

Sorry i will keep on doing what i do.

Originally posted by Tony

The camera was a Sony DSC-P1. The face really needs highlighting, but of course it's all very subjective. If I get a chance I will run a copy through Photoshop for guidance.

Yo can get a full size copy from the website if you click the right links.

Still not heard anything from paranormalist.

Yeah i saw the face, but as you say (and as has been proved, with some people seeing it and some not) it's all very subjective. If you zoom in to ANY image you can find things that look like all sorts of stuff.

I will get back to you when i find the big image.

I used to work at the HSBC Computer Centre at Tankersley and one of me workmates told me about a white figure stood in the road by a bridge on the Stocksbridge by-pass. This was in the early hours of the morning.

I think there was also an article about this in The Star.

Maybe he went up to the apparation and asked "How are you?"

and the ghostly spectre replied "I'm all white!"

Sorry, I had to slip that one in. I know it's a serious subject,but I usually say what's on me mind.

If you are looking for ghosts have if it still there go to the old Fir Vale hospital.Go upstaires through what was the main door but go up the main stairway use the old servants stairs.Half wy up the temperature will drop and you will feel very cold. Try it at two in the morning

Originally posted by Tony

[The one with the worklmen in it has a couple of these 'orbs' and there is a faint face visible above the wooden pallet behind them. [/b]

Hi Tony, I have taken a look at your photo, first your photo as it was taken, no alterations have been made.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/fsanytime/ghost1.jpg

As you say, you can see something above the wooden pallets.

I have now had the chance to enhance the area above the pallets, and as im sure you are aware, there is something in the room with the two men.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/fsanytime/ghost.jpg