Do you pre-judge?

I told a friend of mine about a relative living in London expecting another baby. We knew she had been on benefits at some point, and her oldest child was around 4. He thought that she would have got pregnant to not go onto job-seekers.

Do you think negative in the same way, have the Conservatives made this thinking worse?

Of course, she must be a skank. How uncomplicated my life would be, as well as not having to clean my curtains almost constantly if such reprobates didn't exist to mess with my day, as well as my head.

---------- Post added 16-01-2015 at 10:41 ----------

That thinking has been around long before this government came in.

It's been knocking around in the media since the good old Tony times, sadly in some cases it is true (I know one person thats done it)

What? Had a child? That's almost as outstanding as Cid having a friend. :hihi:

Edited by skinz

What? Had a child? That's almost as outstanding as Cid having a friend. :hihi:

No had 3 children already, and just before the last one was due to start school she was magically pregnant again.

Not saying it was intentional, planned or anything - but the timing was pretty impressive.

I try not to pre judge but sometimes it's almost impossible.

All my Irish relatives are violent drunkards that quote from the bible in every other sentence!! I kid you not.....

Every time I meet a new Irish person I'm thinking 'Oh ahhhhh, wait for it' :)

Do you think negative in the same way
Only when a certain type of client shows up: male, about middle-aged, a bit brash, loud spoken, with very flash wheels and a declared intention to do this-that-the-other and costs be damned.

Then I know to always charge him in advance, and to not lift a finger until payment has cleared.

have the Conservatives made this thinking worse?
In my case, (apolitical-) experience has ;)

At most other times and in most other situations, no, I do not pre-judge....save for one exception: preaching UKIP supporters. Because it is a statistical certainty that they are cretins devoid of critical thought processes and incapable of logical and rational joined-up thinking.

Edited by L00b

The OP tells us basically nothing.

The relative in London is a trained teacher, but is single, and had the second child knowing that she was not in a permanant relationship with the father, and now a third one.

An accident, we are told; the father has 3 of his own that he is looking after, on benefits.

Is a system that allows this, a good one? Would there be any point in the CSA chasing the father for money, it would just be getting back the states money.

We have to do do "unconscious bias" training at work because sometimes people do make judgements about people, and react accordingly, without taking the time to engage with that person.

The fact it is referred to as "unconscious" bias means that we can't help it sometimes, but the training makes you aware that you might be demonstrating it.

Some bloke in a burberry cap with a pit-bull walks towards you...what do you think, chav or chartered accountant?