Laycocks Sports Club - New Members Welcome!

Craig-j

I'll take a bit of convincing, but well done for giving it a go.

Good luck with restoring your club's reputation.:)

No problem :) we're open for suggestions and new additions too, possibly Real Ale for one, but we take all comments and suggestions on board! :idea::bigsmile:

I would think if you are having to advertise for members something is seriously wrong and needs to be addressed because the locals have obviously voted with their feet

Nah, just making the most of some free advertising!

Not sure that's permitted on this thread

Well let me elaborate... the thread is to spread news on us, changes, new additions to the club, bar, the possible introduction of Real Ale, and ideas on how to make the club better all round, opening with information about Laycocks Sports Club too. :)

---------- Post added 29-01-2015 at 15:52 ----------

:thumbsup::hihi:Be careful on Fraser Road with the snow, and feel free top pop in for a Winter warmer! We're open from 17:00 today, after all, it's only snow!

• 4 weeks later...
Is this the one with floodlit football pitches with lights that they dont even turn on when they have football events there? im sure i went to a race night not long back when you didnt bother to turn them on for the kids!!

If you asked then they would have put them on, as you was obviously hiring the court the cost would be £25 per hour same as anyone else.

Has there recently been some shenanigans about the committee and staff at this club?

I know a few regular Laycocks drinkers from Woodseats nowadays seem to prefer the pubs there.

If there has been a few changes it might be a good opportunity to explain them and what improvements both old and new members can expect.

Not to my knowledge, & I work here. We're all working hard at the moment to bring the club forward and a step stronger... Real Ale is one of those ideas, with us being freehold and one of the largest premises in Sheffield 8, we'll have no problem having a lovely hand pull at a very very good price!

There's loads of other new things coming soon, so keep an eye out on the club noticeboard, our facebook page, and on here for all the latest information and new ideas!!...

Part 1;

Real Ale!

What real ale would you like to see on our bar?

Pale ale?

Stout or porter?

Strong or weak percentage?

Fruity?

Bradfield?

Abbeydale?

Wychwood?

3 Rivers?

Let us know what you think... You'll be drinking it! :thumbsup: