Halifax Mortgage Insurance

Gamston. I could not predict my illness or my husband losing his job. I was still paying my premium up until the last minute when we couldn't pay the mortgage anymore. It was them who told me to claim when I asked for a payment break. I was an honest claimant and I suffered as a result of what they did. I did not set out to deceive them. I would not gain by doing so. I've still lost. If I had known I could not claim again do you honestly think I would keep paying for all these years to get nothing back?

The justice of your argument seems clear to me.

It's just plain wrong to continue to take premiums when an insured risk will not be paid.

I had a different but equally valid issue with the Halifax and after a year was getting nowhere with them.

As for the Financial Ombudsman.....long winded ,constant turnover of staff and a complete failure to understand the issues.

It was only when I wrote to a financial adviser in The Daily Express (at that time it was Annie Shaw) that she used her contacts at Halifax head office,and within days I had full settlement of over £3000 and a fulsome apology from them.

Perhaps you could try a similar approach because mis selling by the financial institutions is immoral and unfair.

Gamston. I could not predict my illness or my husband losing his job. I was still paying my premium up until the last minute when we couldn't pay the mortgage anymore. It was them who told me to claim when I asked for a payment break. I was an honest claimant and I suffered as a result of what they did. I did not set out to deceive them. I would not gain by doing so. I've still lost. If I had known I could not claim again do you honestly think I would keep paying for all these years to get nothing back?

I wasn't suggestion you are dishonest . I agree it wasn't fair Halifax took your premiums if you could make no further claims .

You are a victim of dishonest people and the Banks have a recent history of dishonesty .

Thank you Gamston :)

I have been brought up better than to lie and deceive, but some do unfortunately. I wasn't asking for thousands. All I wanted was a little to cover the arrears. I didn't want the money paying to me, I wanted them to pay it direct.

Edited by cherriepie